Goodbye Jesus

My 2 Step Challenge

Ahh!

Prove Christianity to me! I'll only make you do half as many steps as the Christian guy who was here.

1. Prove that Jesus was the messiah the Jews wrote of in the "Old Testament/Tanakh" USING THE ORIGINAL HEBREW (no faulty King James crap)

2. Prove Jesus and his followers were not false prophets. They make claims in Revelations 22:20 and Matthew 24:29-34 that relate to "that generation" or the near future that have not happened yet centuries later. What is the Bible's punishment for false prophecy? Death (Deut. 18:18-22). The punishment in the same for changing the law and it states that miracles are not proof of prophecy (Deut. 13:1-10)

Prove Christianity to me! I'll only make you do half as many steps as the Christian guy who was here.

1. Prove that Jesus was the messiah the Jews wrote of in the "Old Testament/Tanakh" USING THE ORIGINAL HEBREW (no faulty King James crap)

Can't be done. That's from my Old Testament Christian prof who reads and teaches Hebrew.

2. Prove Jesus and his followers were not false prophets. They make claims in Revelations 22:20 and Matthew 24:29-34 that relate to "that generation" or the near future that have not happened yet centuries later. What is the Bible's punishment for false prophecy? Death (Deut. 18:18-22). The punishment in the same for changing the law and it states that miracles are not proof of prophecy (Deut. 13:1-10)

This is so full of loaded and conflicting statements that I don't know where to start responding.

A.

1. The gospels were probably not written by and for the Jewish Jesus People immediately after the Ascension.

2. Revelation was probably written about 200 years after the Ascension.

Thus, the "this generation" phrase does not apply as you use it.

B. Revelation was not meant to be taken literally, and consequently cannot be a "false prophecy." Hence, laws regarding false prophecies do not apply.

C. Since your premises are all wrong to begin with, the concept regarding changing the law does not apply.

You said to prove Christianity. Christianity is a religion that generally believes that human salvation is available in and through Jesus Christ. Millions of humans adhere to this religion. Therefore it exists. The bits and pieces you used to make your argument do not apply. Perhaps that is what you wanted to know--that Christianity has little relation to the biblical text and content, and that Christians apply various aspects of the biblical text to various aspects of the human existence on earth.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I say the above with the full knowledge that any fundy will disagree with me. That does not change the truth. As someone said elsewhere on this forum, for fundies facts are irrelevant. I consider that to be a very appropriate observation.

No Christian can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Christianity is real to a skeptic. However, to another Christian, their arguments will be accepted and even praised. That is the irrationality of religion.