Goodbye Jesus

God Caused Hurricane Katrina

Ahh!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_t...tural_causation

How crazy can people be?

"Various political and religious leaders have suggested that Hurricane Katrina was sent as a divine retribution for the City of New Orleans, or the Southern United States, or for the United States as a whole. A variety of past actions are blamed, from the legalization of abortion and homosexuality to the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq to the creation of reality television, and future changes in political policy are recommended.

Ray Nagin, Mayor of New Orleans, in his famous Martin Luther King Day speech which some critics nickamed the "Chocolate City speech"[7] credits God; God's reasons: the Iraq war, and the irresponsibility of black America

"God is mad at America... [for] being in Iraq under false pretenses ... [and is] upset at black America also ... We are not taking care of ourselves. We are not taking care of our women, and we are not taking care of our children when you have a community where 70 percent of its children are being born to one parent."

Muhammad Yousef Al-Mlaifi, a Kuwaiti government official,[8] credits God; God's reason: retribution for American foreign involvement

"I do not think – and only Allah [really] knows – that this wind, which completely wiped out American cities in these days, is a wind of mercy and blessing. It is almost certain that this is a wind of torment and evil that Allah has sent to this American empire."

Avner Bosky[9] credits God; God's reason: U.S. Pressure for Israel to withdraw from Gaza

"What happens in Israel affects the rest of the world, and how any country treats Israel has a lot to do with how God treats that country. We are praying, deeply concerned and grieved about the onset of Katrina."

Fred Phelps[10] credits God; God's reason: Homosexuals

"New Orleans, symbol of America, seen for what it is: a putrid, toxic, stinking cesspool of fag fecal matter. [...] Pray for more dead bodies floating on the fag-semen-rancid waters of New Orleans..."

This is why I compare Xian zealots to Cthulhu cultists. They all display the same mindset of slavish devotion to their monster-god and all too quickly look at humanity as trash. Life imitates art (or rather, art imitates life).

If the Lord Enslaver wanted to send a message to black America, why not just tell them? Why kill a bunch of people, most of whom will now burn in Hell, according to Xian myth, but in direct contradiction of the Babble? Yahooweh doesn't want to damn anyone, it says, but in killing the "unsaved" doesn't he do just that? We are told that after death is judgement, not any extra chances to believe, so in killing those who are not serious Xians, their god has willingly and knowingly damned them to eternal torment.

Good thing this freak doesn't exist :)

Yeah, New Orleans gets flattened, but the Bloods and Crips are still alive and well. Why no hurricanes in Compton or Trenton? Or San Francisco, where so many of those "evil fags" are? Silly cultists - they never think anything through, do they?

Guest lori4443

The simple truth is a horrible storm developed, the levies didn't hold and some people got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. It kills me how Christians will attribute this to a revengeful God.

Yeah, New Orleans gets flattened, but the Bloods and Crips are still alive and well. Why no hurricanes in Compton or Trenton? Or San Francisco, where so many of those "evil fags" are? Silly cultists - they never think anything through, do they?

LOL this is so hilarious, because it's true. If God really hates the evil queers then he should blow up Earth and start over...ROFL. I remember when me and my stupid fundie family members were holed up together during hurricane Rita(which never materialized in our area). The subject of divine retribution came up. Long story short my dumb sister in law said, "Well, there are so many gays and lesbians in New orleans that god had to punish them." At the time I was totally in the closet so I'm thinking, "Well, you are next." haha.

Christians are such morons.

This is why I compare Xian zealots to Cthulhu cultists. They all display the same mindset of slavish devotion to their monster-god and all too quickly look at humanity as trash. Life imitates art (or rather, art imitates life).

I thought most of the Cthulhu stuff was a parody religion based on Lovecraft? Like the Spaghetti Monster?

..."Black America?"

My two Christian roomates went on about this one night, and I kept my mouth shut but boggled at the sheer stupidity of it.

My opinion is God just hates Jumbalaya.

I thought most of the Cthulhu stuff was a parody religion based on Lovecraft? Like the Spaghetti Monster?

It is, but there are odd similarities to Xianity. I didn't see them when I first read Lovecraft, but later on, after deconverting, I began to notice them.

The FSM and Cthulhu are also similar. They both have noodly appendages. Jebus is jealous because they dwarf his own :)

I thought it was Ellen DeGeneres that caused God to destroy New Orleans... My bad...

:unsure: