Goodbye Jesus

Ugh

ThinkingForMyself

I could use a place to vent a little. I think my family is psycho. This story may sound funny, but it's true.

I've been through a lot of therapy over the past few years. I think it's a great thing for anyone to do. So I've changed my ways somewhat.

My brother sent out an e-mail that I found offensive. I told my Dad about it. And in return I'm the one who got blasted at by the ENTIRE family. I had received an e-mail from my dad yesterday (saturday). I was busy most of the day and didn't respond instantaneously as he expected. Just today, my parents made a 90 minute drive out to my house to just dump off gifts for my birthday, yell at me for not responding to his e-mail, and leave. I told them that if they had something to say they can call.

Like I said, I can't believe that they would be like this to me. Thanks for listening guys.

What a way to wish you a happy birthday. :ugh:

Maybe you should have just emailed your brother and told him you thought it was offensive, and not mentioned anything to your Dad? One thing I've had to learn was that my parents and other family members don't have to know everything about me or what I think about them or other family members. I once received an email from my brother that contained opinions regarding a mixture of religion and politics that I just had to answer. We had several heated exchanges; finally I just wrote everyone that emails concerning family updates were welcome, but proselytizing and political debates were not. If I found such topics in an email, I would cease reading it and delete it. Since then, I haven't gotten any more like that, though I am sure some of my family thinks I'm a heathen. :HaHa: