Goodbye Jesus

Muslims, Hell, And People Of The Book

R. S. Martin

People on here keep saying Muslims believe all who do not believe in Allah will go to hell. That contradicts what I have heard in real life. The "real life" people around here tell me Muslims accept Jews and Christians as "People of the Book." In other words, they build on the historical model, i.e. Christianity grew out of Judaism, and Islam grew out of both, and is therefore the more advanced religion. However, all are valid and pleasing to God/Allah.

Well, Muhammad had a big problem with Jews and Christians because they wouldn't accept him, or put their force behind him. Reading through the Qur'an he condemns them just as he condemns just about every other damn living being on the face of this earth.

Basically, from what I read, Muhammad was willing to extend tolerance to those Jews and Christians who offered no resistance in any way to him or his armies, and who admitted he was a prophet of God. So Muhammad extended acceptance only to those Jews and Christians who were really Muslims in all but name.

The concept of damnation for non-Mooselims is most certainly a tenent of Is-lame:

3:85

Whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter.

5:72

They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. ... Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers.

But, in true Abrahamic fashion, the Koran contradicts itself:

2:62

Those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

5:69

Lo! those who believe, and those who are Jews, and Sabaeans, and Christians - Whosoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

But Sage has it right. If Mooselims do not condemn Orthodox Jews and Xians outright, they claim they will not be damned - so long as they are basically Mooselim in everything but name. Either way you slice it, Is-lame is every bit as intolerant as Xianity, and every bit as worthy of universal rejection.

What else the Koran™ Says about Hell.