Goodbye Jesus

What Books And Sites Are Good For Ex-christians

perianwalsh

what books and sites are good for ex-christians?can u share with me?I'm just de converted...mine are conversation with god,tao te ching

http://www.jovialatheist.com/index.html

http://www.geocities.com/inexileau/index.html

and google: mithraic religion

The website that turned my life upside down (literally I am so thankful to this day that I found it, it was like the bubble broke, like the sky opened up. This website is more about details about the Bible, best damn stuff to fight Christians with:

EvilBible - I don't go there anymore because I became a member here, but I use that website more for reference's and everthing. Enjoy :grin:

EDIT: Oh I see it on the link above my post on my list, wow I forgot about those other links great stuff.

I recommend "The Born again Skeptics Guide to the Bible" by Ruth hermance Green

The Devil's Chaplain, Richard Dawkins or The God Delusion

For general inspiration and "fellowship" I like this exC site very much.

Other sites I've found are:

Here are some classical books:

I copied this link "Music for Dan Barker" from this site. I tried clicking on the link right here in this post and the music is playing so I guess it works if you have speakers and sound card and all the good stuff you need to play music from the internet. The music free.

I went crazy and bought Richard Dawkins - The God delusion, Sam Harris - The end of faith and Carl Sagan - Demon haunted world at the same time. I've started reading Sam Harris first and already my neurons are worshiping and thanking me for the gift.

Douglas Adams 'The Salmon of Doubt'.

Reading about the evils of god can be dry and boring. The book is entertaining, and includes an interview with him from American Atheist. Though, most of it has very little to do with God. It's still worth reading, and his take on the whole mess is a little less serious, but still rational. My kind of guy.

consciousness by rita Carter.Got a few points about god experience but it contains a little in the book

Paul Kurtz is big in this kind of subject

I went crazy and bought Richard Dawkins - The God delusion, Sam Harris - The end of faith and Carl Sagan - Demon haunted world at the same time. I've started reading Sam Harris first and already my neurons are worshiping and thanking me for the gift.

I have all of those books as well. They are perfect for the newly deconverted. :grin:

I also like LosingMyReligion.com.