Goodbye Jesus

Attention Christians! National Day Of Prayer

quicksand

As you may know, the first Thursday in May was designated by Congress in 1952 as a National Day of Prayer and signed as into law by President Harry Truman. (Something of which Thomas Jefferson would have objected too.) Coach Dungy, of the Super bowl champion Indy Colts, states that "My heart has been changed through prayer. If it can change one heart, it can change the heart of a nation."

Well, there's been at least 55 of these events and has this event really changed anything? Since there is pretty conclusive proof that prayer has no effect," and that, "people fare worse if they know others are praying on their behalf." Regardless, ignore the science that says otherwise, and the overwhelming historical failure of prayer to change absoletly anything - I will give you a clean slate to prove it works. I am after some proof here.

Therefore, I want a solid prediction from the attending Christians here on what May 3th will accomplish. You must be specific in what will you accomplish from this mass prayer event and it must be so significant that only prayer can only answer it, especially if we take Coach Dungy's view that if one heart changes, a whole nation can change. He's set the table for you. Furthermore, the website for the National Day of Prayer cites II Chronicles 7:14 guaranteeing that God "will heal their land." (Even though this verse only applies to the Jews and only in the case of drought, plague, or hordes of locusts.)

You could start with global warming and pollution. Or if global warming is to hearty of a task for you, you could try healing the estimated more than 500 amputees returning back from service in the Iraq War. (Mission Accomplished, Bush) If thelr limbs do not regenerate on the 3th, ask yourself, why won't God heal them?

This should be easy work since, as the Nation Day of Prayer Taskforce website states that "millions will answer the call to prayer" in our nation. And from that, I expect some pretty big things will change this Thursday.

(Note: While your sitting in your churches begging god and humbling yourself to no end fruitlessley, atheists and secularists will be donating blood and signing up for organ donation in a National Day of Reason. Will you join us? But then you'd be giving into us, so no, I don't think so.)

Okay, tomorrow is Friday. One day after this grand event. Things better have changed.

Looks to me like it's SSDD.

<_< Thanks christians! You just spoilt May again.

They did their best... they can't help being ineffective and dumb...

They did their best... they can't help being ineffective and dumb...

:HaHa:

If any of my christian associates were to read any of our discussions on this site. They'd probably crucify me.

That's the beauty of this site, it's the only place in the world (other than Bulgaria) where you can say bad things about christians and have everyone around you agree.

you don't know my old friend Fr. Richard...

Prison staff hurt in disturbance

Anguish of missing girl's parents

<a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6625457.stm" target="_blank">

Haiti migrants in boat disaster</a>

Seems SNAFU to me...

Very true.

It's now the following Monday - no different here.

Hasn't helped Kansas... in fact it seems to have made things worse...

Looks outside and listens to the screams, and crime around me. - Everything still the same

Looks at the news, bombinhs happening all the way accross Iraq as Bush declares this his empire

Looks at the Christians fomaing at the mouths and speaking in tounges....

Nope nothing has been solved, nothing ever will, and Christ is dead, dead in them, and dead in this universe

Peace out

Hasn't helped Kansas... in fact it seems to have made things worse...

And they are quite socially conservative too. (ie.. evolution bad.)

Hmm... where the fuck is Robertson saying it's god's punishment? Oh yeah...confirmation bias.

GO BREWERS!

The prayers said during the national day of prayer over there gave us nice sunny days over here in New Zealand.

Didn't you guys know God works in mysterious ways?

:thanks:

Less mysterious, more a lousy shot...

and ref Robinson... maybe Faux News daren't ask him... folk from Kansas would lynch him...

Since the tornado spared the Westboro Baptist church in Kansas, is that proof they are true Christians?