Goodbye Jesus

Man-made Aids?

Ahh!

I'm about to debate a moron who thinks AIDS was made by "the white man." Good sites or evidences to show this is not true? Here is the website he provided (I already noted the lack of sources)

http://www.boydgraves.com/timeline/

There's also the 'The River' xeno-genesis theory, where SIV mutated into HIV due to the use of inadequately pasteurised Polio virus (partially discredited, but picking holes in the Polio vaccine program of the 1950s is as close to scientific heresy as makes no odds)

I kinda believe that AIDS was invented and I kind of don't. The whole "white men invented AIDS" theory is kind of far fetched because, at the beginning of the American AIDS pandemic, AIDS was a white gay male's disease. Literally, no one else except that particular population had it. Now, if we get down to say, "The government created it to erradicate the gay community" then I MIGHT give more credence to that.

The reason I think it could be man made is because the virus is so insidious and efficient. It destroys the immune system. Physical symptoms of an actual disease can be cured with an antibiotic or something; but HIV literally breaks down your natural defenses, completely, and leaves you open to the millions of germs and microbes floating about. I really don't think nature is intelligent enough to do that...Then again I could be wrong. Furthermore, HIV/AIDS treatment nets the pharmaceutical companies millions per year...So, if there is a vaccine, they will probably never release it because they are doing gangbusters business with the antiretroviral drugs.

I know that it is probably not a man made disease but I'm a conspiracy theorist. When HIV/AIDS was happening to the socalled "undesirables(i.e. gay men, drug users, and inner city black people)" the federal government sat on it's hands. But when white women and children started getting infected THEN federal government started pouring money into it.

I kinda believe that AIDS was invented and I kind of don't. The whole "white men invented AIDS" theory is kind of far fetched because, at the beginning of the American AIDS pandemic, AIDS was a white gay male's disease. Literally, no one else except that particular population had it. Now, if we get down to say, "The government created it to erradicate the gay community" then I MIGHT give more credence to that.

The reason I think it could be man made is because the virus is so insidious and efficient. It destroys the immune system. Physical symptoms of an actual disease can be cured with an antibiotic or something; but HIV literally breaks down your natural defenses, completely, and leaves you open to the millions of germs and microbes floating about. I really don't think nature is intelligent enough to do that...Then again I could be wrong. Furthermore, HIV/AIDS treatment nets the pharmaceutical companies millions per year...So, if there is a vaccine, they will probably never release it because they are doing gangbusters business with the antiretroviral drugs.

I know that it is probably not a man made disease but I'm a conspiracy theorist. When HIV/AIDS was happening to the socalled "undesirables(i.e. gay men, drug users, and inner city black people)" the federal government sat on it's hands. But when white women and children started getting infected THEN federal government started pouring money into it.

The fact that SIV (which does the same thing to Apes as it does to humans, but without the syndrome bit) has been found in samples back to the 19th C pretty well proves nature CAN be that clever. FIV (Feline version) has been known for years too... Being a retro virus means that it does leave it's mark in genetics, indicates that cats and simians have lived with their immunodeficiency virus for many generations... so long that it no longer has a 100% kill rate among the infected...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5012268.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPV_AIDS_hypothesis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIV

Well, I know that the virus probably "jumped species," however; that does not mean it could not have been introduced, by people, into certain populations.

Again, just my wild conspiracy theory but...

Well, I know that the virus probably "jumped species," however; that does not mean it could not have been introduced, by people, into certain populations.

Again, just my wild conspiracy theory but...

Who had the tech before 1990?

Guest Nymphetamine

We did. The US was doing bioweapons testing up until 1969 at least legally and openly in the US But you know that would never stop the US from continuing it in secret. I wouldn't put it past the government to do it but they would probably have mutated it from the SIV strain instead of just creating a whole new virus. It would make sinse with why they did nothing to stop it and are still doing nothing considering how quick and forceful they are if any over virus gets out.

We did. The US was doing bioweapons testing up until 1969 at least legally and openly in the US But you know that would never stop the US from continuing it in secret. I wouldn't put it past the government to do it but they would probably have mutated it from the SIV strain instead of just creating a whole new virus. It would make sinse with why they did nothing to stop it and are still doing nothing considering how quick and forceful they are if any over virus gets out.

I'm well aware that USGOV have Bioweapons divisions even now.. so does UKGOV, former SOVGOV etc. The issue is around retro viruses.. The SIV virus wasn't found until 1985, and that was because we were loking for it. HIV was isolated in 1983. Then retro viral causes of Cancers and some other 'unknown' cause problems that have always been with known were identified. Retroviruses, even now, are not easily identified...

HIV is a pretty crappy bioweapon. An influenza would have been far more reliable, since it kills people with strong immunue systems and is airborne. HIV transmission is too unreliable, requiring a comparatively large viral load to infect a healthy subject, and takes to long to kill people of the class they're aiming for. If it was a weapon, it was a failure. An RNA/retro virus that trigger sickeling of sickle cell anaemia to kill poor black folk would, for example, have been a more reliable method than HIV.

HIV is indeed an absolutly crappy bio weapon. Many countries have these "bioweapon" programs. More to come up with vaccinations and defences instead of putting the stuff in bombs.