Goodbye Jesus

Playing The Apologist

Legion

Oh Legion, I think you would like looking at this thread. We went really deep into the quantum realm with the Principle of Causality. Take a read... here

Everything is entailed. Even the future is entailed. Sun Tzu said that every battle was won or lost before it began. This hints at what some might call destiny. This in essence provides causality with will and purpose.

I disagree that this was what Sun Tzu meant at all. He was not talking about destiny, he was talking about preparedness. The army that prepares the best, be it equipment, strategy, morale, training, etc, will prevail. The hard and smart work done before the battle creates the conditions that guarrentee victory. He was commenting that a good work ethic was the most important key to victory. Not that the battle was predestined by God.

I'd agree with that summation of Sun T'zu's view. He had little time for 'destiny', being nearly wholly a pragmatist... Hell, a lot of his ideas are still sound 3000 years after they were first written...

Everything is entailed. Even the future is entailed. Sun Tzu said that every battle was won or lost before it began. This hints at what some might call destiny. This in essence provides causality with will and purpose.

I disagree that this was what Sun Tzu meant at all. He was not talking about destiny, he was talking about preparedness. The army that prepares the best, be it equipment, strategy, morale, training, etc, will prevail. The hard and smart work done before the battle creates the conditions that guarrentee victory. He was commenting that a good work ethic was the most important key to victory. Not that the battle was predestined by God.

Why did the army prevail? Because it was better prepared. Their victory was entailed by their preparedness.

Everything is entailed. Even the future is entailed. This hints at what some might call destiny.

P.S. I have a difficult time now not to insert an "in my opinion."

hehehe...I do that all the time. I don't want to sound like Grandpa Harley! :HaHa:

Ohhhhh.... :woohoo:

He knows I'm kidding! (I hope)

hehehe...I do that all the time. I don't want to sound like Grandpa Harley! :HaHa:

Yeah NBBTB. I have truely learned the value of saying things like... "in my opinion", "in my view", "in my estimation", "the way I see it", "I think", "I believe", etc.

Why did the army prevail? Because it was better prepared. Their victory was entailed by their preparedness.

Everything is entailed. Even the future is entailed. This hints at what some might call destiny.

Sun T'zu was an advocate of being the architect, not the victim, of 'destiny'...

Sun T'zu was an advocate of being the architect, not the victim, of 'destiny'...

I agree with that assertion Gramps.

Ohhhhh.... :woohoo:

He knows I'm kidding! (I hope)

FEH!

In

your

dreams!

;)

FEH!

In

your

dreams!

;)

:kiss:

If I really wanted to be nitpicky about Sun Tzu, I'd point out that no fundie apologist on Earth would use such a pragmatic, logical, heathen thinker as Sun Tzu in their debate.

But, I promise, I won't get that nitpicky.

I'd agree... although I know an Episcopalian who uses Machiavelli in apologetics...