Goodbye Jesus

Atheism Kills

KT45

He sure didn't live up to his name....

Who?

As has been said, it's just another lame attempt to justify Xianity by comparing the numbers of people killed.

First of all, that doesn't make Xianity look very good, since you're still talking about millions over the centuries who have been killed because of it. It doesn't matter who else killed how many, there is still plenty of blood on the hands of the various Xian sects, and that's that.

Secondly, it's ridiculous to equate such people as Communists with Atheists. Communism is a more complex philosophy than Atheism, involving more ideas and incorporating a similar dualism (the ever-good poor versus the ever-wicked rich) as does Xianity (the ever-good Xian versus the ever-wicked non-xian). Indeed, one could easily see that the extremist us-versus-them dualism of Xianity influenced philosophies such as Communism and is at the heart of the murders committed in the name of Communism; Xianity advocated the murders of its opponents, so it stands to follow that in societies historically permeated by Xian philosophy, other ideologies would in turn imitate its violence and dualisms.

:rolleyes:

Who?

TheSkepticAntidote (damn I do repeat myself a lot; my post before this one did, I guess). :)

Maybe he could change his name to TheSepticMisanthrope.

Who?

TheSkepticAntidote (damn I do repeat myself a lot; my post before this one did, I guess). :)

Maybe he could change his name to TheSepticMisanthrope.

Hahaha. Sorry. I forgot this thread and was lost in thought...making me thoughtless. Hehe.

Hahaha. Sorry. I forgot this thread and was lost in thought...making me thoughtless. Hehe.

I had just watched part of the video, since it was down, and went by what others said of it when I first posted. When I got the gist of his base stupidity, I quit watching the thing. I did respond to a few comments by a Messianic Jew there, though (what a contradiction: if he believes that Jesus is the messiah, just say "Christian"; sheeze). I got to say something undoubtedly Nietzschean there (whether or not it can be said that anyone will recognize it is unknown)!

Don't worry too much about not knowing what I was talking about. I just felt I should chime in with my out-of-nowhere comment of the day.

I had just watched part of the video, since it was down, and went by what others said of it when I first posted.

Me too. It hurt my brain.

When I got the gist of his base stupidity, I quit watching the thing. I did respond to a few comments by a Messianic Jew there, though (what a contradiction: if he believes that Jesus is the messiah, just say "Christian"; sheeze). I got to say something undoubtedly Nietzschean there (whether or not it can be said that anyone will recognize it is unknown)!

Don't worry too much about not knowing what I was talking about. I just felt I should chime in with my out-of-nowhere comment of the day.

Messianic Jew? Sounds like a way to try an sucker some Jews into Christianity.

"I did respond to a few comments" I will look.

Yeah, I picked the same name just to post those few comments there about brain cell regeneration and hemispherectomy. He called me "full of crap", then ran off into the wild blue yonder. What a deluded goof....

Yeah, I picked the same name just to post those few comments there about brain cell regeneration and hemispherectomy. He called me "full of crap", then ran off into the wild blue yonder. What a deluded goof....

"I think that one shouldn't posit a metaphysical entity when a purely natural one can do." I think that superstitionists should not posit anything if it involves their delusion and the lives of others. We really do have bad thinking habits and when it is pointed out by people who are concerned or frustrated they are considered Nazis or authoritarian fascists....they don't understand.

As we learn more about nature God shrinks more and more and what religionists are left with is denial. If they can't find a way to fit God in then they will attack science. We will see this even from moderate believes I think. One day there will be absolutely no room for bronze aged Gods.

"I think that one shouldn't posit a metaphysical entity when a purely natural one can do." I think that superstitionists should not posit anything if it involves their delusion and the lives of others. We really do have bad thinking habits and when it is pointed out by people who are concerned or frustrated they are considered Nazis or authoritarian fascists....they don't understand.

As we learn more about nature God shrinks more and more and what religionists are left with is denial. If they can't find a way to fit God in then they will attack science. We will see this even from moderate believes I think. One day there will be absolutely no room for bronze aged Gods.

Looks like you ended up reading it. :)

I agree. Religion will strike out at science much more as science begins to encroach on what was formerly religion's territory. And eventually, one will destroy the other, or they will combine. My guess is that science destroys religion, but I'm a bit more optimistic than those who would say its opposite. They could combine, but I find this highly improbable. Religion has never relied on the same mechanisms as science and it probably never will, at least for as long as the creature is called "religion".