Goodbye Jesus

Anyone Know About The Truth Project?

Outback Jack

Hi folks,

A religious relative recently asked me if there was any evidence of evolution so I sent him some programs I've recorded and saved. Now he wants me to watch some DVDs from The Truth Project and I'll have to watch them in the name of fairness.

I'm aware that the only "Truthtm" that they recognize is Jeezus but I was wondering if anyone had any specific information I can watch out for and refute. Or is it the same old xtian nonsense?

TIA

OBJ

Hi folks,

A religious relative recently asked me if there was any evidence of evolution so I sent him some programs I've recorded and saved. Now he wants me to watch some DVDs from The Truth Project and I'll have to watch them in the name of fairness.

I'm aware that the only "Truthtm" that they recognize is Jeezus but I was wondering if anyone had any specific information I can watch out for and refute. Or is it the same old xtian nonsense?

TIA

OBJ

OBJ, I Googled "the Truth Project", and it's apparently affiliated with "Focus on the Family", a historically fundie-xian think-world.

My take is, mainline fundie-ism.

Watch the DVDs if you wish, with the understanding that it will likely not be objective, but rather be presented in a purely fundie-xian perspective. It's evangelism, not intended for anything else.

Watch out for such fallacies as...strawman arguments, false dichotomies, appeals to ignorance, historicity, authority, no true scotsman, blind watchmaker, and a bunch of other fallacious arguments. The hallmark of apologetics. Enjoy...it can be quite entertaining.

I aplaud you watching them in fairness, even though it's a given they will be filled with lies and religious right propaganda.

Such stuff can be really hilariously entertaining if taken as comedy. The hoover, err, hovind "seminar" audios are a hoot. Did take me some time to listen through all of them, for the sake of fairness and knowing what I'm talking about, but I laughed my arse off a number of times :HaHa:

Thanks guys. I guess it's just the same old propaganda. But I'll try to watch it for the funny parts!

OBJ