Goodbye Jesus

This Is A Highly Amusing Website

08 hawk

...Alright, satire or not, it's entertaining.

Probably satire.

However, Job 40:15-19 states that the (behemouth) "ranks first among the works of God" (NIV)

I thought man did would be the highest rank, seeing as we are supposed to be created in his image. (Do you think Christians ever consider the implications of that, literally or metaphorically or not?)

Oh what can a literalist do?

Definitely a spoof site. Check out some of the other sections.

I checked out a number of the other sections and found a few items that I have often wished I knew. One is the legislation that atheists can't hold government office and names of the states that have it. The other is a list of Bible verses that imply the earth is flat.

I came across such verses when I was a child and I couldn't believe that the Bible had lies in it. When I asked about it, I was told that back when the Bible was written people thought the earth was flat. I accepted it and assumed everyone who read the Bible knew about those verses.

In recent conversation with Christians I mentioned that the Bible says that the earth is flat and I was almost run out of the house. So I shut up. I didn't know where the verses were but I knew they were there. You can see the list here:

http://www.truechristian.com/03.html

These verses don't say in so many words that the earth is flat but that is the only way some of them make sense. For example, how could Jesus see all the kingdoms of the earth from one very high mountain? Mount Everest, the world's tallest mountain, is not even visible from this side of the ocean--and not because it's too far away but because even Jesus couldn't see through the globe.

There were people at the time that the Bible was being written who knew that the earth was round, but they weren't writing the Bible. Thus, we read in the psalms about the pillars the earth is resting on, or its foundation, etc. There was a time when people got killed for suggesting that the Church had it wrong.

That site is a spoof. Not as good as www.landoverbaptist.com That site scared me until I found out it was a fake.

Landover Baptist was so far off from any real fundies I know--and back then I knew precious few people in real life who were not fundies of some sort or other--that I soon clued in that it was satire. It seemed exactly like the kind of thing people would say to make fun of fundies. All the same, I checked with someone more learned than I just to be sure and they assured me I was right.