Goodbye Jesus

Posting while under the influence

pandora

Is it looked down upon? I don't post when I am drunk, but I do when I am under the influence of the magical weed. It gives me more insight into spiritual matters and I feel I think more clearly.

I know not all approve of weed smoking or drinking to excess, but if it helps me explore my spirituality, what's wrong with it? I am an enhancement smoker...

"Have you ever looked at a dollor bill... ON WEED????"

If you spend rent money or neglect responsibilities to yourself and others due to weed....well you may want to explore the possibilty that you have a problem.

Until then just enjoy the experience. Weed isn't a problem for everyone, and I might be wrong, but I suspect that alcohol can be worse than weed in a lot of ways.

I choose to be sober and clean because I know that I can't enjoy those pet comforts without neglecting my responsibilities. But that is just me and not you.

It aint no thang ; unless it causes you to neglect your responsiblities to your self or others. If it gets to that point you may be an addict.

As far as posting high, well so what? If you decide you don't like how you write you can just stop posting while high. Live and learn.

I was an addict for other pills, like Valium and such... but not weed. I went through a 12 step program at the urging of my hubby and family, and I hated it. But I did take the good out of it and thankfully, it has worked so far. Weed, on the other hand, is sacred to me. I only buy it when I have the money to buy it. LOL And my mom gives it to me sometimes when I lend her money as a thank you. Her midlife crisis is being a hippie again.

ROL! All I can say is live and learn, and be aware. You may never become a habitual smoker, just know that it is possible you may like the stuff too much one day. Be aware of yourself.

Maybe one day weed will be legal and they will put the crystals in candy! That way you can enjoy without damaging your lungs.

How about brownies and vaporizers? LOL Smoking isnt the only way to do it.

And as a future pharmacist, I know that I can't become dependent on it. I am doing it to learn things about myself for now, and when I "grow up" a little more, I will see my use as a time of self exploration. Not that I won't do it once in a while, but I could lose my license if I am ever found out from drug tests.

Is it looked down upon?  I don't post when I am drunk, but I do when I am under the influence of the magical weed.  It gives me more insight into spiritual matters and I feel I think more clearly.

I know not all approve of weed smoking or drinking to excess, but if it helps me explore my spirituality, what's wrong with it?  I am an enhancement smoker...

"Have you ever looked at a dollor bill... ON WEED????"

i smoke and trip mushrooms, i look highly on people who aren't afraid to explore the inner workings of their psyche. i do however look down on people who partake in harmful substances, cocaine, heroine, meth, ecstasy, etc..

weed, shrooms, salvia, ayahuasca, dmt, peyote.. i say are all good if done correctly. :)

i agree with DC's comment on not neglecting responsibilities. i am a completely functional person who intelligently manages my "habits" lol. now i wasn't always as wise, i use to just blow all my money on drugs.. i've never been a big drinker either.. beer is good, jagermeister is GOD, white russians are heaven.. but that is just about it for me.

Guest Anathema

I am a regular weed smoker. I smoke very small amounts, sometimes daily. It relaxes me. It helps me to deal with stress. I have been smoking for 12 years (i'm now 32). You may or may not believe this, but my last year of college I took Psychology as a night class twice a week for 3 hours each night. I went to each and every class stoned, except for test days. I received an A in the class. Weed actually helped me to concentrate on every word the teacher spoke, and enhanced my note-taking.

I like to smoke weed whenever I engage in these activities: working in the yard, amusement parks, watching movies, heavy metal concerts :58: and, of course, SEX!!!

post-457-1118966020.gif post-457-1118966072_thumb.jpg

I've been weed free for 1 and half years, after about 5 years of chronic smoking.

I really miss the stuff, its like an old friend. but I got to keep it out of the house or I am smoking it all day.

the stuff about it being ( physically) addictive is bullshit. I can quite cold turkey after smoking 6 times every day for 12 months, and at the most I lose a nights sleep and am in a bad mood for a day. As long as its not in my house I can go about life and not think about it.

Accually the real reason why I quit is because when I am stoned I have no short term memory and extremely disorganized and forgetful.... it was having a real negative effect on my quality of life and affecting my business and life goals. I hope someday I have the self control to smoke in moderation, but until then I have to stay away from it.

The first two years I started smoking weed, it was a very positive thing for mind and spirit, but after so many years I think most of the positive effects go away.

Now weed just makes me slow and stupid.

Its never like it was the first few years, which by the way, were the most productive years of my life.

i think the positive aspects of weed has a limited life span.

I can go for 6 months between smoking, and still anymore, it makes me feel slow and stupid. Its never like it was when I first started smoking.... so I quit smoking the stuff except the rare occation, once or twice a year.

You may or may not believe this, but my last year of college I took Psychology as a night class twice a week for 3 hours each night.  I went to each and every class stoned, except for test days.  I received an A in the class.  Weed actually helped me to concentrate on every word the teacher spoke, and enhanced my note-taking. 

I haven't been able to afford it for many years (although I do accept gifts when offered) but when I was in college in the '80s, I found that a nice bong hit or two before I studied really helped me to concentrate and focus on what I was reading.

It also made it much more enjoyable so I retained more.

Other people have had trouble understanding that. You and I may have some sort of strange brain chemistry, but it really did work for me too.

Guest Michial
I like to smoke weed whenever I engage in these activities:  working in the yard, amusement parks, watching movies, heavy metal concerts  :58: and, of course, SEX!!!

Word! Playing guitar was always a favorite as well. Don't think I would have taken the time to get as aquainted with the guitar as I did if it weren't for maryjahoona.

When I have it, I smoke the weed every night about 30-minutes before bed. I sleep so much better and wake up with no ill effects. I hate getting stoned during the day because I never get anything done. I often run out and will go for months between purchases. It has never been an obsession. (I have never driven under the influence of any drug!! :nono::nono: )I don’t particularly like alcohol, but will drink during social occasions. I have only been truly drunk once and totally hated the experience. I don’t care for the feeling of having too much to drink; it always keeps me awake (I know, weird huh?)

After my problem with cocaine 15 years ago, I gave up everything for about five years. Finally I decided that I trusted my judgment (I AM the Higher Power) and could drink and smoke weed. It was the right decision for me, and I have never regretted giving my life back to myself. Does that make sense?? :scratch:

Word! Playing guitar was always a favorite as well. Don't think I would have taken the time to get as aquainted with the guitar as I did if it weren't for maryjahoona.

I agree playing guitar stoned is really fun, but the inability to memorize music ruins it for me. Nothing is more frustrating than

creating a kick-ass groovy in-the-moment melody that everyone loves, then afterwards its like " I cant rememeber what we played, we should have recorded it man!" .. yea

another reason why I quit smoking. I cant rememeber a damn thing I did while stoned.... after so many years it has a negative influence in other areas of life too.

Guest JP1283

I started smoking pot in June/July of 2003. For awhile it was only in small amounts; however it snowballed into me blowing my money on weed every week to feed my addiction. Finally, when I started going through my God issues in August, weed made it all the more worse. I went to an outpatient program for marijuana addiction and depression, and was weed-free for four months before doing it on my birthday last December. It really sucked when I did though; it didn't feel the same and I was really depressed about God and stuff, so it wasn't the same. I haven't done any drug since. Weed just isn't the same for me; I used to love it, but now I think it could possibly do serious damage to my already fragile state.

However, I have posted while under the influence of alcohol a couple of times. I don't see anything wrong with it (it can actually be quite funny) just as long as you're not a total asshole about it. I say enjoy it.

IBF, I am coming for a visit sometime soon! I need to get away from the west coast for awhile. Maybe in the next year perhaps?

I'm just testing my typing skills tonight.....

That's all.

I'm just testing my typing skills tonight.....

That's all.

HUH? That one flew right over my head..... WTF are you talking about? :) You are testing your typing skills after a few brewskies or what???

How about brownies and vaporizers?  LOL  Smoking isnt the only way to do it.

And as a future pharmacist, I know that I can't become dependent on it.  I am doing it to learn things about myself for now, and when I "grow up" a little more, I will see my use as a time of self exploration.  Not that I won't do it once in a while, but I could lose my license if I am ever found out from drug tests.

Itis debatable whether or not it is physicaly addictive. The textbooks say yes, but not all in that racket agree. I am a future drug and alcohol counselor and so what of it? I am not sure that I trust everything that that racket teaches, but I am still cautious untill I can learn more. Perhaps weed can be a mental addiction for some and is not physicaly addictive. Maybe. Alcohol is addictive but many do not become alcoholics. Weed may be simular to alcohol in that regard. People should be self aware in thier use.

Just keep in mind that your own biases can get in the way of knowing.

I would be interested in books or links that you may have that shows maryjane isn't addictive.