Goodbye Jesus

"Challenges to faith"

Druid

In my sisters religious education book it lists fundamentalism alongside atheism as "Challenges to faith".

It says,

"The Bible does not set out to be a science book. Instead, the Bible aims to tell us the really important things about God and the world God made. These are things that science does not set out to tell us. No matter what science may yet discover about the process through which the world was created, we will always need the Bible to remind us that:

God made the world with power

the world God created is good

people are made in God's image and likeness"

Just wonder do the christians here agree or are the nuns going to hell?

I vote for Nuns in Hell, I want their company!

In my sisters religious education book it lists fundamentalism alongside atheism as "Challenges to faith".

It says,

"The Bible does not set out to be a science book. Instead, the Bible aims to tell us the really important things about God and the world God made. These are things that science does not set out to tell us. No matter what science may yet discover about the process through which the world was created, we will always need the Bible to remind us that:

God made the world with power

the world God created is good

people are made in God's image and likeness"

Just wonder do the christians here agree or are the nuns going to hell?

Hey, I think that there are many paths to Truth. Science seems to be one, and the original text seems to be another. It seems to me that Truth can not contradict Truth. These both are ONE, ...and no one is going to hell for ever!!! :eek:

I was probably ok till I wrote that last half of the last sentence... but I just couldn't resist myself! :twitch:

P.S. And HanSolo, I read your response too... and you're the greatest! If I wore a hat, it would be off to you every time!

Nuns in Hell!

great band name.

They can keep the all the priests company.. and acountable in their celibacy.... as long as the nuns dont dress up like choir boys!

You know, I've been gone from the debate forum for too long.

Hey, I think that there are many paths to Truth. Science seems to be one, and the original text seems to be another. It seems to me that Truth can not contradict Truth. These both are ONE, ...and no one is going to hell for ever!!! :eek:

What a nice Sermon. Tell me, what faith are you? It certainly isn't Christianity.

Also, Science most certainly does contradict the Bible, it blows the whole theory of Genesis(and the stories afterwards) out of the park. In other words, it's impossible to be a Christian and look at Science. You must blind yourself to it... not too hard for a True Believer, since we all know Reason is the Devil's dirtiest whore and all... :Wendywhatever:

I was probably ok till I wrote that last half of the last sentence... but I just couldn't resist myself!  :twitch:

No, you were out to lunch at line one - from both a scientific and Christian perspective.

Merlin

...it's impossible to be a Christian and look at Science...

Umm. Objection!

Inasmuch as "christian" means literal belief in the myths of the bible, you're correct. But let's not forget that not everyone claims that "of course Genesis tells the literal truth!".

Not wanting to defend fundies, but you know, in the interest of the liberal christians who surround me... ;)