Goodbye Jesus

Zen Is The Work Of The Devil!

Jun

A Christian woman came along to our zazen this arvo, nothing new we have lots of Christians sitting with us, but this woman came to spread the word of "God." Her rant, "Zen is the work of the devil." I usually allow others to talk to nutcases that come around, but she insisted on speaking with the "demon master in charge." So I went to speak with her. I didn't get a word in! No sooner had I stepped into the entrance and she squirted me with one of those garden sprayers! "This is holy water, it will cleanse you of your demons!" She declared. One of our members is a Federal Police officer, he was quick to apprehend her and call the local police.

Tomorrow I have to go to the local cop shop and give a statement so they can decide what to charge her with, but I've been told the only thing that may stick is minor assault. :twitch:

Once you were sure it wasn't something other than water you should have started freaking out and flopping around like you were possessed or something ("It burns, it burns" then speak in gibberish). Totally scared the shit out of that weirdo. :HaHa:

mwc

She's probably just upset that she couldn't hose you down with flaming pitch, in the spirit of the good ol' days :rolleyes:

Of course, she will learn nothing from her brush with the law, and will attribute it to being persecuted for her poor wittle faith - a regular female Jebus.

Once you were sure it wasn't something other than water you should have started freaking out and flopping around like you were possessed or something ("It burns, it burns" then speak in gibberish). Totally scared the shit out of that weirdo. :HaHa:

mwc

Damn, wish I'd have thought of that at the time! That reminds me of the time I put dried ice in the holy water at school chapel......................

You must be back in Australia at the moment.

I've known/met nut jobs like this before in different contexts, but never personally seen one invade another group like that. It was a type of assault. It really was water, right? Sounds like it was almost for sure (it fits too), but just to make sure.

Sorry to hear about your experience, one can only shake his head in disgust over the type of behavior she displayed.

Edit: grammar/spelling

Sorry Jun but that made me laugh.

This chick hosed you down with "holy water".

Of course the final descision is up to you but I wouldn't press charges.

You must be back in Australia at the moment.

I've known/met nut jobs like this before in different contexts, but never personally seen one invade another group like that. It was a type of assault. It really was water, right? Sounds like it was almost for sure (it fits too), but just to make sure.

Sorry to hear about your experience, one can only shake his head in disgust over the type of behavior she displayed.

Edit: grammar/spelling

Yes, we are back in Oz for a while. Our annual Ozzy trip to see family and friends and see how practice is going with the Ozzies.

We all made a bit of a joke about it afterwards. I did make sure it was only water, after someone suggested it might be otherwise.

Of course the final descision is up to you but I wouldn't press charges.

I have no intention of laying any charges. If the police wish to lay charges though they can whether I want them to or not.

No sooner had I stepped into the entrance and she squirted me with one of those garden sprayers! "This is holy water, it will cleanse you of your demons!" She declared. One of our members is a Federal Police officer, he was quick to apprehend her and call the local police.

Do you happen to know if she tried to spray the cops too to drive out their "demons"? :HaHa:

I trust that, if so, they didn't try to give her a taste of their holy lead... :Hmm:

Wow, and I thought the title of the thread was funny enough. People can be driven to do some really stupid, and pointless things. You think she keeps garlic around to ward off vampires? Water...too funny.

It reminds me of when my ex-wife owned a yoga studio. There was this one woman who came a couple of times and after class once she mentioned that her grandmother was dead set against her going. We asked why and she said that her grandmother considered it devil worship.

Needless to say, yoga did not take off as well as we had hoped in that area, at that time. (about 10 years ago).

Wow, more than slightly ridiculous. Then again, it's been kind of hot here lately, so getting hosed down might not seem so bad at this point...

Also, nothing says I care like a restraining order, ne?

I can only aspire to being sprayed with holy water myself.

One of our members is a Federal Police officer, he was quick to apprehend her and call the local police.

I'm sure this nutjob is now claiming religious persecution since she was arrested.

If I were you, I'd've taken some of the holy water off with a finger, licked it off in your mouth, and proclaimed, "Mmmm, tastes like ice cream!"

If I were you, I'd've taken some of the holy water off with a finger, licked it off in your mouth, and proclaimed, "Mmmm, tastes like ice cream!"

Ha ha-what will this woman looked like?smeared in face!

it's a bit of sad how xians see other religion as demonic.no wonder such high intolerance 2wards other religion.i wonder what would I do if I met such charming lady.Any other suggestions?(in my country if you do something like that you'l be in trouble)

my old pastor says that buddhism is idolatry(& he even says himself as someone who study other religion b4!)& even demon created!!!I tried to explain but he just stick it to his version.....

I have no objection to thos xtians who,in spite of their beliefs,respect others beliefs.it's those fundies that act that intolerant of others...doesnt they think that what they will feel if they are being attacked? .......btw this is getting out of hand.

Well shit, either way you go your gonna be fucked.

I would say be bigger than her and don't press charges, but that will be labeled "the grace of God getting her out of the godless jail run by the godless nation which she was put in for doing what she is supposed to."

On the other hand, you can press charges, have a fine, jail time, or whatever, and it be blamed on the devil who sent the demon to control you. I would personally go with that one, since I'm an asshole.

God that religion sure is convienent.

The woman in question was charged by the police for resisting arrest and assault on a police officer. I didn't see this happen as it happened at the police station. I didn't press any charges.

The woman in question was charged by the police for resisting arrest and assault on a police officer. I didn't see this happen as it happened at the police station. I didn't press any charges.

Whoa assault on a police officer. I guess she wasn't finished with her tantrum when she "anointed" you. I bet she was trying to justify her actions to the police and when they didn't listen to her BS she got aggressive with them.

Whoa assault on a police officer. I guess she wasn't finished with her tantrum when she "anointed" you. I bet she was trying to justify her actions to the police and when they didn't listen to her BS she got aggressive with them.

:shrug:

Wanna bet she cast out Dem Ebil Demons™ of the cops too? :lmao:

Sounds to me like she needs professional help.