Goodbye Jesus

On God’s continual Revelations: 2 books FYI

scotter

Some friends here have questions if God has continued to speak to humanity since the Bible:

besides the popular Conversation with God by Neale Donald Walsch (this I haven’t read at all), I am aware of 2 more recent ‘revelations’, I have a copy of each:

Revelation of Ares. (Book link is not to solicit)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0972395539/

This books was written by a French ex-Orthodox Priest Brother Michel who claimed God revealed those messages to him. Some believed him, most ridiculed him.

Salam: Divine Revelations for the Actual God

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/2901821073/

Mr. Buxani wrote little about himself, only from the book cover inside page said he is a religious man. And God revealed those messages to him.

Since I have both copies, I find that they share some similarities (Salam: God has no earthly incarnation; Ares: Jesus is not God), but not totally reconcilable to each other.

In short:

God in Salam is very straight – my way or hell with the devil. It is basically a new religion, although it is more Islam-derived. Eating beef is good (against Hinduism), vegetarianism is evil (against Buddhism, Jainism, and some sects of Hinduism)

God in Ares is generally softer, sometimes can be as harsh. Different from Salam, God acknowledges he is the Abrahamic God who created Adam, Eve; who talked to Moses, Jesus, Muhammad i.e. God of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, and then Brother Michel. But God in Ares said he is not Trinity.

And from what I read so far, he has not explained why he gave different messages to the nations. e.g. Christianity Bible: Jesus is the Son of God, Islam Quran – Jesus is a prophet, a man.

He basically claims the existing religious hierarchies are not his representatives. God in Ares criticizes quite a lot of Catholic things, no doubt the Catholic friends are not nice to the author.

The harsh sentences would be comparing certain institutions to the likes of adulterers, prostitutes. I understand adultery and prostitution are sins in religions, however, it puzzled me when harsh words are pointed to the people who are used as the food-chain bottom-layer for comparison. Didn’t Jesus approach adulterers (the woman who was almost stoned and Jesus rescued her) and prostitutes (Mary of Bethany)?

It would be interesting that the two meet with each other. If they get a chance to meet, would they recognize each other’s revelation from God? Mostly likely is No.

Either yes or no, there is a problem:

Yes – they recognize each other’s book despite the majorly inconsistent crossover. Hence, why should people believe either of you, Michel or Buxani, if you are confusing people with the inconsistency?

No – why should people believe either of you, Michel or Buxani, if you do not believe the other’s?

I myself hesitate to jump to believe the materials they are from God.

oops double post

Neal DOnald Walsh is by far my favorite spiritual new age author, I really liked his first few books, then I was really dissapointed after he started to give in to the typical new age magical mumbo jumbo after it seems like he ran out of things to write about. Its like he let his ego and $$$ get in the way and he to get a messiah complex., after his first few books sold well, he couldnt leave well enough alone.. and started to write crazy things about aliens, Ufos, prophecys, auras, indigo children, and things that contradict science.

His new movie "Indigo" sucked ass and should be rated as the worst movie ever made.

His first ' COnversations with GOd" is by far my favorite, and I have framed on my wall all the concepts he outlined.

Although the concepts themselves are not new, he was able to expain them from the perspective of an exchristian, with a witty style.

Many of the same concepts are found in " A course for Miracles" cult.

Ill write down some of the concepts that had a big impact on my life

some of these you got to read a couple time to get the meaning......

In the absence of that which you are not, that which you are, is not.

God needs nothing, therefore requires nothing from us.

All you see in your world is the outcome of your idea about it.

What you resist, persists

Your purpose in life is to decide and to declare, to express and to experience Who You Really Are

To want something is to push it away from you.

Its never not Now.

Passion is not expectation, and expectation is not passion.

What you fear, you attract.