Goodbye Jesus

I Would Like More Info...

Thunder 34

Hello. What I am requesting is some sites that could possibly explain evolution in a simple manner. I have been a non christian for months now and I thought I should learn more about evolution. Also, as a creationist I was often shown websites such as http://www.darwinismrefuted.com/ and books etc that my christian family would give to make sure I didnt believe in evolution. Would yall know of any websites/books that can refute that website and other books/websites that claim to refute evolution? Thank you.

Hello. What I am requesting is some sites that could possibly explain evolution in a simple manner. I have been a non christian for months now and I thought I should learn more about evolution. Also, as a creationist I was often shown websites such as http://www.darwinismrefuted.com/ and books etc that my christian family would give to make sure I didnt believe in evolution. Would yall know of any websites/books that can refute that website and other books/websites that claim to refute evolution? Thank you.

TalkOrigins Archive

No Answers in Genesis!

Aye, the talk.origins archive is probably best, especially the Index of cretinist claims.

Every single claim of dem babblical cretinists and IDiots is neatly dissected there, and its parts then mangled, burned, and the ashes pissed upon. Both in rather "average joe" level language and with lotsa links for those who would like to do further research. ;)

Thanks you two. I have skimmed over them and will definetly read more later. I dont know if either of them answer this but I couldnt find the answer of something that puzzles me. My creationist friends say that we have discovered insects such as termites in hardened sap that are supposedly from millions of years ago. But they look exactly the same as those of today showing that there is no evolution. This true?

Thanks you two. I have skimmed over them and will definetly read more later. I dont know if either of them answer this but I couldnt find the answer of something that puzzles me. My creationist friends say that we have discovered insects such as termites in hardened sap that are supposedly from millions of years ago. But they look exactly the same as those of today showing that there is no evolution. This true?

I don't know if it is true, but it could be. I think this applies for sharks and cockroaches too, and they haven't evolved much either. But this doesn't disprove evolution, but rather the opposite. Species that are highly evolved and best adjusted to a certain environment would not automatically mutate to something less efficient and survive. I think it only proves that evolution can reach certain equilibria where no mutation really helps to further the survival rate, but most of the new mutations are rooted out.

To say there's "no evolution" in those cases is a bit misleading, because it makes it sound like evolution always have to move to a different life-form, almost like it requires a "magician" in the background forcing it to some different "desing", but that isn't the case. If there is a winning strategy for a game that always guarantee you to win, how would changing it to a losing strategy make you win more, if the strategy you're using is the best one already? (For that particular context of course)

For books, you should try What Evolution Is by Ernst Mayer. I'm currently reading it, and I wish I had found it earlier (much earlier). It does get a little technical every now and then, the important concepts are explained clearly. A good book about some of the major transitions, try At the Water's Edge by Carl Zimmer. He goes over the water to land transition, then the land back to water transition. And after you get your feet wet, I'd recommend Endless Forms Most Beautiful: The New Science of Evo Devo and the Making of the Animal Kingdom by Sean B. Carroll. The best refutation of all is knowing what evolution is. Once you understand it these arguments will seem rather ridiculous.