Goodbye Jesus

Forced To Look At This Daily

Robbobrob

Over at the parenting site I am a mod for (and soon to be made an admin for) there is this one host who is a complete fundie. She normally ends EVERY post with "God Bless". Whatever. But now she has added the below pic into her siggie. I have to see this now whenever she posts. Uggh. I hope she gets bored of it soon.

gen.gif

She normally ends EVERY post with "God Bless". Whatever. But now she has added the below pic into her siggie. I have to see this now whenever she posts. Uggh. I hope she gets bored of it soon.

Warning! Rant ahead!

You say you have to look at it daily. I must say that I think that is better than being forced to listen to it daily. My two Christian co-workers insist on saying "God bless you" whenever someone in any part of the office sneezes at any time. I hear this "God Bless" shit at least 10 times a day! It wouldn't bother me normally as a lot of people just use it as a thoughless expression, except it is EVERY TIME someone sneezes. If the person is in the back of the office sneezing its "GOD BLESS YOU," as loud as possible. How the hell can anyone concentrate on their work? This is a law firm. I have been working there 5 years and still can't get used to this. I don't care for this fakery. It is just baloney. If I got killed on the highway today I know neither of them would give a shit. They have always been cold and critical people, very selfish and self-centered. Just hypocrites.

One of them gets called about 10 times a day at the office from collection agencies because she can't pay her bills (makes at least 10k more per year than I do) and I have to pick up these calls, which she of course doesn't want to talk to them. Spineless. She should tell them not to harrass her on the job. This is a seriously disturbed person who is almost 50 who never left mommy (she has always lived with her mother). No life. Just a self-centered bitch from day one.

This "God bless You" crap just makes me mad as hell.

There, now that I have aired my little rant, Robbobrob that picture you provided just turns my stomach. More Christian complete stupidity.

I have one for you, at the salon where I work we have a break room with a very large bulletin board. The resident cheerleader/receptionist thought it would be a good idea to post golden blowdryers (hairdryers cut out of gold paper) on the board as a way to build team spirit. :wacko: On the the blowdryer you write to whom and what they did to deseve praise. Just yesterday I noticed one to Mark(resident "on fire for the lord" coworker). It read-To Mark, for always being in touch with people and their needs, may god richly bless you! From Tamara(his fundie friend). I have a very devilish side to me so I can't help but give my fellow atheist friend a golden blowdryer, I think I'm going to thank her for being an oasis of reason in a sea of delusion. Oh yeah and I'll make sure to give thanks to zeus or something. :pureevil:

Yeah Christine, that's what I am talking about. Having to be exposed to this Christian crap at work. I would leave now except that the only thing I hate more is the mind-numbing stupidity and humiliation of the "job hunt". Just not up to that quite yet! I hate this crummy society!

Lest anyone imagine I would take my complaint of not being able to focus on my work to the "office manager" I will just say: Last week this "office manager" asked if we would like to sign a petition banning gay marriage. I was the only one out of us three paralegals to have the nerve to say "no," the other two just sat there like lumps on a log in response to this outrageous request. Kind of shows where we all stand. I have really just had about enough of this whole "christian" work scene. It disgusts me that employers would try to use their employees to promote their political agendas.

Christine, the gold hair dryers thing is another good example of the spineless nature of a lot of these people (I am sure there are exceptions). Always having to have a pat on the back. Can't face life. It's the "precious moments" mentality. I hate it.

Robobrob,

What the hell do those thingies in her signture mean anyway? They don't make any blasted sense at all.

Pat758,

The officer manager asked you to sign..... *sputters* In a law office????? *sputters some more* Holy fucking shit.

Last week this "office manager" asked if we would like to sign a petition banning gay marriage. I was the only one out of us three paralegals to have the nerve to say "no," the other two just sat there like lumps on a log in response to this outrageous request.

Betcha they're now telling their fundie friends that you're "persecuting" them for being Christians...

..snipped some

But now she has added the below pic into her siggie. I have to see this now whenever she posts. Uggh. I hope she gets bored of it soon.

Big fuckin' deal Robbo... Hell ask the chick to post a pic of her bare tits or her ass. Tell her that'd be more *news* worthy of comment than her lame ass meaningless current siggy..

Thing is, you've got as much right to be offended at that useless propaganda as she is happy to post it. If you even admit in the slightest that the siggy is something you don't like, she wins..

Don't sweat small shit you can't change or effect. Know her imaginary friend is happy and will give her imaginary blessings and pleasant things for posting that..

Thing is you are free to post a contra pic if you are so inclined to get into a pissing contest to see whose siggy can whizz off the most folks. What that does is up to you. Count costs before you do battle with any sectarian half wit.. They will drag you down with bullshit and beat your ass to death with experience..

Still ask her for the tit or ass shot siggy.. :)

kFL

Last week this "office manager" asked if we would like to sign a petition banning gay marriage. I was the only one out of us three paralegals to have the nerve to say "no," the other two just sat there like lumps on a log in response to this outrageous request.

Betcha they're now telling their fundie friends that you're "persecuting" them for being Christians...

I don't know Lola, the only one of them that is a 100% fundie is the whack-o that lives with her mother. I know that because she attends the local Alliance Church (an independent fundie sect). The other one is partially sane.

Truth is, I really don't give a damn what they say or think about me. I'll bet they have had a lot of crap to say behind my back. I really don't care. They have a weird mutual admiration society going on between the two of them. Don't know for sure, but I suspect they are two chicks in love with each other to the exclusion of everything else. Maybe they didn't immediatly jump up to say "yes" to the petition because they are secretly lesbians (not that there is anything wrong with that). Beats me. They weren't too opposed to it though, that was my point. Crazy hypocrites.

Pat758,

The officer manager asked you to sign..... *sputters* In a law office????? *sputters some more* Holy fucking shit.

Yeah Garnet, you read it right. The weird thing is, I had already been through so much at this place that the request didn't even sound that bizzare. It was just another automatic "no" from me. The more I go on auto pilot there the better off I am, if you know what I mean. Most of it doesn't even get to me much anymore, just from time to time.

Damn, Pat758. I hope the pay is excellent there because it doesn't sound like there's any other reason to stay. I'm a paralegal too, by the way, though I haven't worked as one since 2000.

Damn, Pat758. I hope the pay is excellent there because it doesn't sound like there's any other reason to stay. I'm a paralegal too, by the way, though I haven't worked as one since 2000.

I wouldn't say "excellent", but it is enough. The place is close to my home, the attorneys are nice. This along with the pay check is the only reason to stay.

It's a shame that my country wasted time trying to get "freedom fries" on the cafeteria menu, and trying to pass anti-gay marriage legislation. Apparently those are the things that are important :huh:

Pat758, next time you should tell them that you'll sign the petition to ban gay marriage right after they sign your petition to ban straight marriage.

Pat758, next time you should tell them that you'll sign the petition to ban gay marriage right after they sign your petition to ban straight marriage.

Good, snappy reply Kirangel. It actually fits. I have to admit marriage didn't do much for me personally since I was only married six years before I left the bum. He accused me of cheating while he was having an affair himself. He was also a liar and a crack addict but I'll give him one thing--at least he wasn't a Christian hypocrite.

Now that I have calmed down a bit--you all must understand that this office is like some kind of alternate universe. I cut the "office manager" some slack because (1) I still need a job and (2) she is over 80, the wife of one attorney that's 85 and the parents of my boss, their son, also an attorney in this family business. If I wasn't able to go on auto pilot or put myself into a sort of hypnotic trance where I can overlook stupid stuff I would have left three years ago.

Several months ago I had to type a "tribute" the elderly attorney wrote to some other 90 year old gentleman. I almost lost my composure when this tribute called him "a credit to his race". How's that for a good, old-fashioned expression? The old fellow enjoyed the tribute! Welcome to deep south 1860. This is my world.

Big fuckin' deal Robbo... Hell ask the chick to post a pic of her bare tits or her ass. Tell her that'd be more *news* worthy of comment than her lame ass meaningless current siggy..

Thing is, you've got as much right to be offended at that useless propaganda as she is happy to post it. If you even admit in the slightest that the siggy is something you don't like, she wins..

Don't sweat small shit you can't change or effect. Know her imaginary friend is happy and will give her imaginary blessings and pleasant things for posting that..

Thing is you are free to post a contra pic if you are so inclined to get into a pissing contest to see whose siggy can whizz off the most folks. What that does is up to you. Count costs before you do battle with any sectarian half wit.. They will drag you down with bullshit and beat your ass to death with experience..

Still ask her for the tit or ass shot siggy..

I have to agree with this. Bible pictures? Saying "bless you" after a sneeze? Oh, no! Anything but that!

Seriously, that's just part of living in a free world. Now I think her opinions, judging by the pics, are backward and I feel sorry for her kids, but, tough shit. It's a friggin' sig line. There's heavier things in the world.

And Jeezus, the sneezing thing?! Do I have to hold back on saying "Oh my God" or just typing "OMG" because of the theistic undertones that it undoubtably carries and oppresses with? Or maybe it's just a generalized term people use with no real meaning? And who cares if it even does have a meaning. Petitions to ban gay marriage are one thing, "bless you" is quite another.

Good, snappy reply Kirangel. It actually fits. I have to admit marriage didn't do much for me personally since I was only married six years before I left the bum. He accused me of cheating while he was having an affair himself. He was also a liar and a crack addict but I'll give him one thing--at least he wasn't a Christian hypocrite.

Now that I have calmed down a bit--you all must understand that this office is like some kind of alternate universe. I cut the "office manager" some slack because (1) I still need a job and (2) she is over 80, the wife of one attorney that's 85 and the parents of my boss, their son, also an attorney in this family business. If I wasn't able to go on auto pilot or put myself into a sort of hypnotic trance where I can overlook stupid stuff I would have left three years ago.

Several months ago I had to type a "tribute" the elderly attorney wrote to some other 90 year old gentleman. I almost lost my composure when this tribute called him "a credit to his race". How's that for a good, old-fashioned expression? The old fellow enjoyed the tribute! Welcome to deep south 1860. This is my world.

Oh I wish I was in the land of cotton, old times there are not forgotten...

Sorry, couldn't help myself...I used to play that on the piano. Sounds like an interesting place to work. :Hmm:

But now she has added the below pic into her siggie. I have to see this now whenever she posts. Uggh. I hope she gets bored of it soon.

Is there supposed to be any meaning in there? Well, duh, since it mentions aig... but still. Does this mean anything to anyone or is it just another catalyst for braindeath to make people into good morontheists?

And Jeezus, the sneezing thing?! Do I have to hold back on saying "Oh my God" or just typing "OMG" because of the theistic undertones that it undoubtably carries and oppresses with? Or maybe it's just a generalized term people use with no real meaning? And who cares if it even does have a meaning. Petitions to ban gay marriage are one thing, "bless you" is quite another.

No, please Sage, you have me wrong. Didn't I say "It wouldn't bother me normally as a lot of people just use it as a thoughtless expression.."

I still say it is thoughtless and rather hypocritical, but ordinarily it doesn't bother me.

Over at the parenting site I am a mod for (and soon to be made an admin for) there is this one host who is a complete fundie. She normally ends EVERY post with "God Bless". Whatever. But now she has added the below pic into her siggie. I have to see this now whenever she posts. Uggh. I hope she gets bored of it soon.

gen.gif

Where I work I get business emails from staff saying God Bless or some other religious saying. I have two fundies who sit outside my office, one of them was telling the other one about someone at her church who got cancer...said he must have done something terrible to deserve that. One of them gets calls from other church members and she stays on her cell phone all day long counseling them, she actually put a business caller on hold the other day in order to answer her cell phone. She also posts her biblical saying of the day outside her cubicle so that whenever I leave my office I have to see it, printed of course off her government owned computer, using the government owned printer on government owned paper. Have to weed through her religious crap to find my business prints taking up my time. Doesn't matter that in an 8 hour day she works probably 4 hours but gets paid 8 hours of taxpayer money. I'm busting my ass 9-10 hours per day (getting paid for 8, I just spent an hour this morning doing work and have about two hours more to do this weekend) to get everything done and here she sits doing religious crap while she is supposed to be doing her job.

I know leave, but right now I am stuck, I have a medical condition and I really need the health insurance and cannot afford to pay the COBRA premium, not to mention the issue of finding a job only to have to go on leave for surgery if my condition doesn't improve soon or worsens....I don't want to do that to another employer. However, it's getting harder and harder to bite my tongue and I may go off especially if the one says anything else about someone doing something to deserve cancer.

Sorry for the rant, I'm in a pissy mood and really needed to vent.

I just want to thank the Moderators for allowing me a place to vent my frustrations, although I am not a heavy poster to the forums. This won't happen often with me, but sometimes, I think it really helps, and I think it did help me this week. Thanks to all the parties who responded.

Unknowing 1: One of my main points was that this Christian mess--no matter how seemingly harmless it' s particular manifestation, sometimes really interferes in the work place. You have a lot to contend with, it seems. I am sure you are just hanging in there some days, just as I am.

I just want to thank the Moderators for allowing me a place to vent my frustrations, although I am not a heavy poster to the forums. This won't happen often with me, but sometimes, I think it really helps, and I think it did help me this week. Thanks to all the parties who responded.

Thanks always appreciated Pat.. The Big HowEVAH!!!ONEonE!!!! is that in part why ExC is here for all of we who use its services.

Blaze away, finding a friendly place to bitch about the sectarians sans being broadsided is a *good thing*.

Dog bless! :)

kFL