Goodbye Jesus

Joseph Campbell

Ahh!

I wasn't sure where to post this but I'm curious to hear people's opinions of Joseph Campbell's ideas about religion. I've been a long-time fan of his works on mythology and I think he catches a lot of useful things literalist readers don't. I have to admit though I suspect that from time to time he projected his own life philosophy onto the works (which is fine by me because he probably had a more life affirming view than the original authors.)

I wasn't sure where to post this but I'm curious to hear people's opinions of Joseph Campbell's ideas about religion. I've been a long-time fan of his works on mythology and I think he catches a lot of useful things literalist readers don't. I have to admit though I suspect that from time to time he projected his own life philosophy onto the works (which is fine by me because he probably had a more life affirming view than the original authors.)

Campbell was probably the greatest Mythologist of the 20th century. Count me as a fan. Watch the Moyers/Campbell interview "The power of myth".