Goodbye Jesus

Out Fundy A Fundy

Ahh!

Has anyone tried this? It's my favorite game. Try to act more fundamentalist than a fundamentalist if they get in your face about something. For example:

"Why don't you go to (XYZ) Church? You're going to Hell."

"I'm going to Hell? Your Church is nothing but a Satanic Temple of heresies! Get away from me Satan worshipper! Did you not hear what Christ said in Matthew 6:5 through 6:6? DO NOT PRAY IN PUBLIC!!! PRAY IN YOUR ROOM!!!"

(Fundie whimpers away.)

Have you tried it? Does it work for you?

I can imagine some folk would have all the pat answers to prove that according to the Bible their church is the only right church and that XYZ Church is going to hell for sure because.......... Then they'd quote some scripture to prove it.

That's basically what my experience has been among the different kinds of Mennonite groups. So I'm interested if you are having more luck with the folks in your part of the world.

Have you tried it? Does it work for you?

I can imagine some folk would have all the pat answers to prove that according to the Bible their church is the only right church and that XYZ Church is going to hell for sure because.......... Then they'd quote some scripture to prove it.

That's basically what my experience has been among the different kinds of Mennonite groups. So I'm interested if you are having more luck with the folks in your part of the world.

For almost every bible quote, there's another to contradict it, and here's the scripture the fundies would probably quote to refute Mat. 6:5-6:

1 Timothy 2:8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

In fact, the fundies are probably more familiar with this one since they seem to follow Paul instead of Jesus.

In fact, the fundies are probably more familiar with this one since they seem to follow Paul instead of Jesus.

I bring this up all the time.

"You mean to tell me that Paul has more authority than jesus?"

"No, jesus is the son of god, blah, blah, blah."

"Then why are you contradicting the quote I just gave you from jesus with a quote from Paul?"

"Ummm....I'll pray for you."