Goodbye Jesus

Satanism

syndacit

pre-heading I'm not a satanist, and of course I'm not adept scholar in it

and if you think I am, i'll have lucifer put a curse on you

jk

but anyways

Satanism to be honest is not that bad of a religion

though not much of a religion more of a free based thinking group with set standards

Thats my opinion

But this topic is more on how without satanism, christianity honestly could not exist as it does today and also to get rid of some of the slanderous things said about it.

this information is taken from the Satanic bible (thats in my hands) and basicly copied from http://www.churchofsatan.com/home.html

First of their rules from their bible

The Nine Satanic Statements

from The Satanic Bible, ©1969

by Anton Szandor LaVey

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

My perspective of these statements is this is basicly what every human does everyday, thats why its quiet appealing to the normal mind

though what I do not find pleasant is that it puts on a violent image of itself from these statements. I see these more as excuses then statements.

Second, Satanic Rules:

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

by Anton Szandor LaVey ©1967

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

This is what the church doesn't tell you. I truelly dont find anything wrong with these rules, they are all things that we do today anyways.

Though rule 7, in my opinion, can relate with any religion, just replace the word "magic" with "god", it makes perfect sense. Very appealing to the human eye.

The Nine Satanic Sins

by Anton Szandor LaVey ©1987

1. Stupidity—The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.

2. Pretentiousness—Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.

3. Solipsism—Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.

4. Self-deceit—It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!

5. Herd Conformity—That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.

6. Lack of Perspective—Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.

7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies—Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.

8. Counterproductive Pride—That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.

9. Lack of Aesthetics—This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.

Wow very plain and simple, quiet humerous actually

Satanism is a very obvious religion its not a bad "religion" though its more attractive as a concept or a way of life then religion.

It is true that Christianity could not exist without satanism (in my view) because without satanists, who would christianity blame all the pagan ideas on?

It is also a scary thought to think that most humans who strive for the best and become millionaires, practice satanism in one way or an other.

I have more info on it, reading through the Satanic Bible, ask questions I'll try to answer them to the best of my abilities. Post your ideas and opinions on this

Satanism is not something I could ever take seriously. It's essentially a Christian Heresy, nothing more... a kneejerk rebellion, not born out of an active desire to seek truth.

In order to be a Satanist, you have to swallow many of the problems Christians face - Creationism, hollow earth, etc.

That being said, I have a problem with many of the tenents on a strictly moral basis. It's the inverse of Christianity - not a real solution to the problems I see in the dogma.

Let me know if I sound crazy...

Merlin

I have to admit that those quotes from the Satanic Bible sound... interesting.

They are unlikely to make me want to convert, but I think I should read through that thing someday. ;) Even if it's just to know what I'm talking about.

Satanism is not something I could ever take seriously. It's essentially a Christian Heresy, nothing more... a kneejerk rebellion, not born out of an active desire to seek truth.

In order to be a Satanist, you have to swallow many of the problems Christians face - Creationism, hollow earth, etc.

That being said, I have a problem with many of the tenents on a strictly moral basis. It's the inverse of Christianity - not a real solution to the problems I see in the dogma.

Let me know if I sound crazy...

Merlin

You dont sound crazy at all

But not all of satanism is actually inverse of christianity

Quote out of the Satanic Bible: Satanic Sex

"Aisde from the foregoing exceptions, the satanist would not intentionally hurt others by violating their sexual rights. If you attempt to impose your sexual desires upon who do not welcome your advancesm you are infringing upon their right of sexual freedom. Thefore, Satanism does not advocate rape, child molesting, sexual defilement of animals, or many other form of sexual activity which entails the participation of those who are unwilling or whose innocence or naivete would allow them to be intimidated or misguided into doing something against their wishes"

Thats something the church goes by too. I find nothing wrong with section of the book. Infact its something very moral.

But now, what is inverse from Christianity is that Satanism supports Homosexuals, Heteroesexuals, asexuals, and even transvestites. As long as your partner has the same intentions and has given consent for the act of sex it is ok.

thats much more loving then christianity.

Also I'll clear up some stuff about Black Mass, and "Human Sacrifices"

Black mass was started for a specific reason. It was meant for Psychodrama and to cause shock to the masses, accomplishing nothing else. Blaspheming the church

Stuff such as kidnapping unbaptized babies and using them for black mass was something conjured up by catholics. What better way to get mothers to pay priests to get their children baptized???

It was first started in 1666 by LaVoisin (Cathrine Deshayes) in the region St. Denis.

That was the first true mass. when it was to spread the word of satan.

Later on the Satanism-for-fun-and-games appeared in the 18th century in the form of Sir Francis Dashwood's Order of the Medmanham Franciscans, popularly called The Hell-Fire Club.

Though it was in the 19th century that brought a whitewashing to Satanism, in the feeble attempts of "white" magicians trying to perform "black" magic.

"if it appears that the black mass developed from a litarary invention of the church, to a depraved commercial actuality, to a psychodrama for dilettantes and iconclasts, to an ace in the hole for popular media . . . then where does it fit into the true nature of satanism--and whoe was practicing satanic magic in those years beyond 1666"

- 103 satanic bible

"The answer to this riddle lies in another. Is the person generally considered to be a satanist really practicing satanism in its true sense, or rather from the point of view taken by the opinion makers of heavenly persuasion? It has often been said, and rightly so, that all of the books about the devil have been written by the agents of god. It is, therefore, quite easy to understand how a certain breed of devil worshippers was created through the inventions of theologians. This erstwhile "evil" character is not necessarily practicing true satanism. Nor is he a living embodiment of the element of untrammeled pride or majest of self which gave the post-Pagan world the church-man's definition of evil. He is instead the by product of later and more elaborate propaganda"

- 104 satanic bible

answers itself, ask more questions on it, if you want, I will answer.

Now to human sacrifices:

Blood is energy. It was said that satanist sacrifices a human being to place a curse upon someone else or to summon a demon. Or to just plainly please a god.

"The supposed purpose in performing the ritual of sacrifice is to throw the energy provided by the blood of the freshly slaughtered victim into the atmosphere of the magical working, thereby intensifying the magician's chances of success.

The "white" magician assumes that since blood represents the life force, there is no better way to appease the gods or demons than to present them with suitable quantities of it. Combine this rationale with the fact that a dying create is expending an overabundance of adrenal and other biochemical energies, and you have what appears to be an unbeatable combination.

The "white" magician, wary of the consqeuences involved in the killing of a human being, naturally utilizes birds, or other "lower" creatures in his ceremonies. It seems these sanctimonious wretches feel no guilt in the taking of a non-human life, as opposed to a human's.

The fact of the matter is that if the "magician" is worthy of his name, he will be uninhibited enough to release the necessary force from his own body, instead of from an unwilling and undeserving victim"

- 89 Satanic Bible

So no killing other people if you cant kill yourself for personal gains while casting magic!

Though personally magic is quiet a tossed around word in this book. Dont think magic could exist, or I would of been a millionaire by now. lol

To clear up the name satanism, my dad and I were discussing it.

He said:

Satanism is a symbolic name, cause if you were to read the bible you would realize that satan is the only one with a true free will, not following anyones orders but his own.

That is something that satanism could be derived from "free-will" not just the purpose of "HAIL SATAN" but "hail freedom"

Satanists believe in the now, not the afterlife. Why be upset and bored now and be happy and festive in the after life, which you might not even make it in to.

keep asking questions please

Thanks for posting, those are some interesting rules. Wonder if the Christians will even click the post or link, or will their fear of Satan keep them hiding.

I think Anton Szandor LaVey was just trying to become famous(and get laid). Not a good man at all. Definately not one I'd be interested in following. They say they keep Christianity in business but at the same time, Christianity keeps them in business.

I like Universism much more. No lists of rules or anything. just logic.

Thats very much true saviourforsale

if it were not for christians, satanism would have no reason to be.

I'm more or less posting these, get christians to respond, why slander a religion so constantly, when most afraid to even read the topic or study it.

I'm not saying satanism is a great religion but, it seems more logical then christianity. Atleast satanism as I have found it, "straight to the message" then intwine some hidden details that can be translated and twisted into something else

I became a Satanist though I'm not in the Church of Satan, I am in the SoS, Sinagogue of Satan. www.sos.com I will buy the satanic Bible soon and i understand it but I have to keep it secret and I also plan on wearing a baphomet necklace.

Anton LaVey created the whole thing for drama. He was a showman, and many of his proclaimed accomplishments were fabrications.

Guest marktaylor
I became a Satanist though I'm not in the Church of Satan, I am in the SoS, Sinagogue of Satan.  www.sos.com  I will buy the satanic Bible soon and i understand it but I have to keep it secret and I also plan on wearing a baphomet necklace.

How can you call yourself a Satanist and an atheist simultaneously?

ALL gods are crutches for those who are too lazy to walk for themselves.

Satanism follows the idea of Satan, not Satan as a deity. All Satanists are supposed to be atheists. They declare themselves god, just like Satan did.

:Hmm:

Not true. Satanists are like normal unbelievers with too much arrogance and egoism. That's all.

Isn't the whole thing with the 'church of satan' supposed to be that they see it as an allegory ?... only fundamentalist christians and people who've watched too many B movies think it's really a 'religion' as such ...

I think 'church of satan' - is about saying 'not only do we reject belief in the existence of god and satan - but we reject many of the churches teachings as well'. My understanding was that the 'church of satan' thing is meant to shock and is meant to show 'dramatically' the folly of believing in an actual satan ...

So in that way I guess you could call yourself a satanist and and atheist. They are not really going for the crutch approach ... it's not a 'Satan says .... so we do it'' thing.

It wouldn't be for me though ... any set of guidelines for living that used the word 'lair' for your house ... well I'd find that hard to take seriously.

I will admit to scaring myself half to death a year or so ago ... clicking on a few links when I was still a church goer ... (seen a few B movies in my time it seems...) my heart was pounding so fast , tongue cleaved to the roof of my mouth ... hands sweating ....

Had to laugh at myself when I saw what it was really!!!

'satanism' is a philosophical construct, not a religion. LaVey doesn't believe in a literal satan or devils any more than he believes in a literal God or angels.

bdp

I have to admit curiousity, particularly since when I was a Christian, I'd have never dared read it. But you know, the main reason I left Christianity was that I couldn't believe in Satan anymore, and if I no longer believed in him, I couldn't believe in the Biblegod. As for Satanism, I couldn't take any religion that calls a house a "lair" seriously, nor one that says you must use a "mating signal", or one that literally believes in magic.

I've studied Paganism for a while. I won't deny that magick rituals have psychological elements that can trigger something at the subconscious level when you're in an altered state. But I think that's just another method of hypnosis, not magic.

I think of Satanism as mostly something teenagers or college-age kids do when they're trying to establish a separate identity from their parents, or to shock them. I don't have any need to do that, since I've already established my own identity. (But then again, I'm not a kid anymore.)

LaVey was a pseudointellectual charlatan, and a lot of his better ideas were stolen from Crowley. But there ARE some good ideas in there, so I'd recommend reading it. At the very least you'll get a laugh.

LaVey was a pseudointellectual charlatan, and a lot of his better ideas were stolen from Crowley. But there ARE some good ideas in there, so I'd recommend reading it. At the very least you'll get a laugh.

Are you in the Church of Satan?

I don't think paying $200 to join an organization about nothing, that believes in nothing, and does nothing is a good idea. No.

I don't think paying $200 to join an organization about nothing, that believes in nothing, and does nothing is a good idea.

Sounds a bit like paying 10% of your wages to join a church that also does nothing (or mostly nothing).

How can you call yourself a Satanist and an atheist simultaneously?

ALL gods are crutches for those who are too lazy to walk for themselves.

as it was said earlier by someone else

satanism is not a god believing religion.

Satanism is more about self improvement, and enjoying your time on earth, then following a god. Infact, satanism at times try to disprove other religions and the existance of "god"

ex:

Page 31 : II

2 I question all things. As I stand before the festering and warnished facades of your haughtiest moral dogmas, I write thereon in letters of blazing scorn: Lo and Behold; all this is fraud!

6 No creed must be accepted upon authority of a "divine" nature. Religions must be put to the question. No moral dogma must be taken for granted-no standard of measurement diefied. There is nothing inherently sacred about moral codes. Like the wooden idols of long ago, the are the work of human hands, and what man has made, man can destroy!

7 He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom

12 whatever aalleged "truth" is proven by results to be but an empty fiction, let it be unceremoniously flung into the outer darkness, among the dead gods, dead empires, dead philosophies, and other useless lumber and wreckage!

there are many more facts that are in this book that point to rather question your faith in a god, does he exist

Satanism obviously isnt trying to get you to believe in a god, or satan for that matter.

the name satanist/satanism is more symbolic then rather worshipping satan.

I stumbled across this info at some point and was curious and decided to read the links that I came across.

Yeah, I was amazed at that time to discover that satanism wasn't at all what I thought it was....

To me though, it's just another group you can join with membership fees.

I really have no use for a group like that or any other.

I prefer to be a free thinking individual, something that christianity had taken away from me for years....

and I'm reclaiming my OWN right to think for myself.

But yeah, it's not a bad thing for those that want to participate.

For me LaVey was eye-opening for the dark side that I'm allowed to have. I'm allowed to have lustful thoughts, to think about good sex, to be angry, to come up for myself, to be egoistical at times.

Guest aexapo
But not all of satanism is actually inverse of christianity

But, doesn't it -- at least -- seem to have been created as a "reaction" to Christianity? To me, freedom from religion means complete freedom, not creating a "counter movement" so that I can be completely obsessed with the side I left for all eternity -- unless it is necessary. Satanism, for it is and wants to be, is essentially flipping the finger at Christianity and saying "F*** You!!!"

If I had any intention of remaining spiritual, which I don't, I would want something more original, not just be the yang for someone else's yin.

For me LaVey was eye-opening for the dark site that I'm allowed to have. I'm allowed to have lustful thoughts, to think about good sex, to be angry, to come up for myself, to be egoistical at times.

thats satanism in all perspectiveness.

Its not all hail satan because he's a powerful god, its all hail satan for satan is freedom to enjoy yourself

But, doesn't it -- at least -- seem to have been created as a "reaction" to Christianity?  To me, freedom from religion means complete freedom, not creating a "counter movement" so that I can be completely obsessed with the side I left for all eternity -- unless it is necessary.  Satanism, for it is and wants to be, is essentially flipping the finger at Christianity and saying "F*** You!!!"

If I had any intention of remaining spiritual, which I don't, I would want something more original, not just be the yang for someone else's yin.

you prove a very interesting point, now remember I'm not a satanist, so I'm not trying to prove satanism right.

I'm just wondering why christianity and other religions slander satanism when some dont know what real satanism is.

But yes it is true, that satanism can be proved that it was made to spite christianity.

I do not have the book with me right now, my father is reading it.

but it basicly states that "for too long has satanism been at the gutter of slander from other religions for being pagans, blasphemers, and heathens! But now it is Satans turn to say what he wants, and fight back the years of spite from christianity"

so yes it could be proven it was made as revenge for being ridiculed for years on years

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

by Anton Szandor LaVey ©1967

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

I didn't ask for your opinions or advice Anton. :scratch: