Goodbye Jesus

my christian goggles dont work anymore

shy1680

I have been finding it so hard to deal with all the religious stuff for the last 2 days for some reason. I have had to stop reading the bible today because now I dont see it through the christian perspective, it actually makes me angry and filled with hate towards man and their "God". Normally, i dont get angry easily. I get so pissed because people have suffered emotionally and physically because of this garbage and people still refuse to see it for what it is. Does anyone else go through that? This week my goal was to finish reading the book of psalms, but now that I know David was always praying for success in war = death to people because they were different than the Jews, I get soooooo angry. We are programmed from childhood to feel sorry for the Jews because of what they suffered from through the many years of being treated badly. But say the bible is true when it comes to the aspect of wars and death caused by this Jewish tribe back then, why arent we taught to remember those peoples deaths. Instead we are to ignore that part of this evil book and think happy thoughts when we come across it. But anyways HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all you Dads.

Heres a little bible love for you, Psalm 68:22-23 "The LORD said, "I will bring back from Bashan, I will bring them back from the depths of the sea, that your foot may crush them in blood, and the tongues of your dogs may have their portion from your enemies." Funny how the heading for that psalm in my bible says "The Glory of God in His Goodness to Israel. :Wendywhatever:

Sky, are you Christian still, but doubting your faith, or recently de-converted and doubting your de-conversion?

It sounds like you're going through the regular de-conversion frustration and anger. I went through this to some degree, but not much, but I can totally relate to why you're angry. We're convinced of people we love to believe lies and they maintain the lies too. It's a form of deceit from them, it wasn't with intent, but still you feel fooled by a story.

Sky, are you Christian still, but doubting your faith, or recently de-converted and doubting your de-conversion?

It sounds like you're going through the regular de-conversion frustration and anger. I went through this to some degree, but not much, but I can totally relate to why you're angry. We're convinced of people we love to believe lies and they maintain the lies too. It's a form of deceit from them, it wasn't with intent, but still you feel fooled by a story.

Recently deconverted, and no doubting here, just a lot of frustration with it all. I guess im angry because I spent so many years reading this stuff, loving it and not ever REALLY reading it. Plus Psalms used to be one of my favorite sections LOL, too bad I didnt understand what David was talking about. And right now im only trying to read the bible so when someone tries to reconvert me or tell me Im wrong for not believing, I can be prepared. Christians around me seem to think I ran away from it all because I didnt understand the bible, didnt have my heart into it, I just dont wanna live up to the rules and the classic, Satan has his hand on me. My "sin" has pretty much made it through the family and old religious buddies so everyone is on my case now. When I say no its because of the bible, they want to bible brawl so im trying to get "trained" for the battle. In the process though I have to realize all the crap I have fed to people about the bible, wasted years believing in this. :Doh:

I agree, Shy. I went for many years loving the same passages that now make me sick. It took a while, and my gullibility just snapped, and then I saw those old texts for what they are. There's some good stuff in them but much pure aggression and horror. A human document through and through.

Guest Roamin' Lion

You know, I am not a Christian, and I am more an agnostic than anyone thing, but when you are socialized to believe the bible is true, to awaken is harsh because you feel betrayed.

If you would like a piece of the psalms to take with you as you transition, then try the one where David understands that even if he makes his bed in hell, God is with him.

I know this sounds strange coming from a non-believer, but if there happens to be a God, then there is no separation.

And, if there is not, then you are in the same boat as all the rest of us. There is no espcaping that you are here in the world, and you are part of all of it.

I think it is nice you have a group of people like this who understand what you are going through. When I came out of religion, I sure could have used a place like this.

Shy,if it helps most of the Old testament isnt even real history, even the Offical Isreal department of Archeology will admit it, even though it pisses the government off to no end. LOL

And dont forget Psalms 139 "

Blessed is he who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks."

SInce I am teaching christian worship songs now to future worship leaders, I though I would write a praise song based upon this psalm.

Maybe someday when I want to quit this job, I could smoke a fat joint, then sing this song in front of my bosses church to showcase new and exciting praise songs. LOLOLOL

Recently deconverted, and no doubting here, just a lot of frustration with it all.  I guess im angry because I spent so many years reading this stuff, loving it and not ever REALLY reading it.

Yup. I feel it too.

Christians around me seem to think I ran away from it all because I didnt understand the bible, didnt have my heart into it, I just dont wanna live up to the rules and the classic, Satan has his hand on me.

That is frigging frustrating, especially that you know that you used to think the same thing about other people that de-converted. I know I thought that, so know when I know what it is, it gets me so upset that I was so stupid, and now other people are so stupid to think so. And there's no way to get them to understand!

My "sin" has pretty much made it through the family and old religious buddies so everyone is on my case now.  When I say no its because of the bible, they want to bible brawl so im trying to get "trained" for the battle. In the process though I have to realize all the crap I have fed to people about the bible, wasted years believing in this. :Doh:

I did that too, and still doing it. But it's hard, your dealing with irrational feelings, rather than reason. So even if you show them what the Bible says, they just use the "context" excuse or the "interpretation" excuse. So it's hard...

I haven't seen you before Roamin' Lion, so I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the site. Hope you hang around...

SInce I am teaching christian worship songs now to future worship leaders, I though I would write a praise song based upon this psalm.

Maybe you should suggest the Lurch set up a stone dedicated for "baby smashing" outside the church, and paint it bloody.

Hey Borg, can I get a link on that admission by the Israeli Archaeological society? I am constantly amazed when I hear of rather educated Jews who actually admit that the Old Testament stories were bogus, at least the more dramatic ones such as the alleged Exodus and all the fairy tales surrounding it. I find it really interesting because while it seems more and more Jews see them as such, fundamentalist Christians are busy waxing orgasmic over them while the actual people whose ancestors supposedly wrote these stories are probably laughing their asses off at what many of them now regard as nothing than lively fireside stories to teach lessons and instill fear for the sake of control.

Thanks in advance

Shy,if it helps most of the Old testament isnt even real history, even the Offical Isreal  department of Archeology will admit it, even though it pisses the government off to no end. LOL

Maybe someday when I want to quit this job, I could smoke a fat joint, then sing this song in front of my bosses church to showcase new and exciting praise songs. LOLOLOL

Are you sure its 139? Other than slaying the wicked..same old, same old, I don't see anything about babies here, lol..

Guest Roamin' Lion

Thanks, Hans, I am new. Just exploring.

I am trying to break my internet addiction.

Or to limit my time to issues that I care about.

Are you sure its 139? Other than slaying the wicked..same old, same old, I don't see anything about babies here, lol..

Check Psalm 137:9.

The humilated Jews in Babylon, still dazed over the fact that the hated Babylonians kicked their asses (which in those days meant the Babylonian high god Marduk defeated the Jewish god Yahweh) desired to see Babylonian children slammed against stones. People who did such a thing would be considered 'happy' (in other words, it would bring joy to the Jews if such a thing were to occur). Like god, like nation.