Goodbye Jesus

World Clock

nivek

Very cool...

But I'm still wondering why the 'World Population', 'Births' and 'Population Growth' aren't growing at the same rate. :shrug:

It's still cool, though.

World population is an absolute number, the number of people on the planet at this moment. Births is the number of births for this year, this month, this week or today, whichever parameter you chose to select. Population growth = births - deaths , within a specified time period.

Population growth and population should be increasing at the same rate. If not, perhaps population growth is a measurement of how fast the world population is accelerating, not growing.

Dunno man. Just a guess.

Edit:

Just checked. Zeroed pop growth, compared it to world pop for a period of about 5 minutes, damned if they don't increase at the same rate.

And for every given moment twice as many people are being born than dying. More people gotta die, people.

But I'm still wondering why the 'World Population', 'Births' and 'Population Growth' aren't growing at the same rate.

Maybe the people who are "born again" get counted twice.

And for every given moment twice as many people are being born than dying. More people gotta die, people.

This is going to sound heartless, but I try to be a free thinker and can't help thinking about this kind of stuff. But the areas of the world that we are being asked to give aid to by the help orgs are the areas with the largest and most unsustainable population growths are they not? If so, wouldn't aid artificially increase their ability to have even more children?

Dunno, perhaps the aid orgs are able to contribute to birth control through education and technology; though I have my doubts.

*only thinking out loud*

How is China doing btw? Is it still growing? Russia has negative growth and is offering government benis to women to have more than one child. W Europe is losing native populations as well, but I believe they are growing due to N. African immigrants (fodder for the skinheads and a festering situation I think).

This is going to sound heartless, but I try to be a free thinker and can't help thinking about this kind of stuff. But the areas of the world that we are being asked to give aid to by the help orgs are the areas with the largest and most unsustainable population growths are they not? If so, wouldn't aid artificially increase their ability to have even more children?

Aren't the areas with the largest and most unsustainable population growths horribly oppressive to women? Empowering women to be more than baby factories and giving them control over their reproductive health would do a lot to curb a lot of the problems. However, most organisations dedicated to aid are Christian organisations that are dedicated to keeping women in their place and against birth control and abortion.

Just thought I'd add this:

A day in the life of Tõkyõ -

Births 690 per day

Deaths 216 per day

marriages 476 per day

Divorces 15 per day

Number of people riding trains

JR (Japan Railways) 24,000,000

Private Railways 30,934,002

Subways 18,000,000

Ammenities consumption

Electrical power consumption (KW) 191,992,056

Water consumption (L) 87,956,000

Sewage processed (sqM) 381,467,871

Industrial waste (tons) 2,900,765

Garbage collected (tons) 1,018,279

House fires 35

Ambulances dispatched (times) 2,099

Traffic accidents 81

Assaults 32

Robberies 13

Cars stolen 3

Found Articles on trains/stations

Articles 2,678

Cash 2,130,347,723

Only 3 cars stolen a day in Tokyo? Fucking amazing. Before getting dollar signs in your eyes, remember the 2 bil found everyday is in Japanese yen.

Amazing how stats can be manipulated. For every 1,000 yen that gets left on the japanese subway, 1 ton of industrial waste is produced.