Goodbye Jesus

Have You Ever Noticed This About Bald Men?

Wendybabe

About 10 years ago I heard this conversation, "Bald men make great husbands!"

I laughed it off back then but I never forgot it. Now that I am a little older I can't help but notice my best friends marriage. She married a really, really nice guy! (We all thought she could have done better!) He does everything for her! Buys her a nice new car every 3 years, takes her wherever she want to for their vacation and he spends more time around the house taking care of their kids than any of my other friends! When I look at my husband I think "He looks a lot better!" but he isn't half a nice as Mr. Baldy!

As someone who may or may not face that fate (balding, not marriage; pigs will fly prior to the latter) I would say that as for the guy that buys new cars and does the vacation thing (most of which seems ultimately superficial, though I would guess there's more to it than that), it may be in direct correlation to the balding itself. That is, he's hoping against hope that his deficiency and the subsequent lack of confidence in appearance (and all that entails) will be overshadowed by his attentiveness. If that's the case, it looks to me like he's more a willing slave than anything. But then, I've never heard the 'bald guys make blah blah blah' thing before to my knowledge.

:scratch:

While I would like to think that I'm as attentive to my families needs as any other guy (or more so?) I don't think that being a mammal of the human species that lacks hair on the top of my head has anything to do with it.

I'm a sucky husband unfortunately - but I'm trying!

My chrome dome has been deeply tanned for a long time.. She and I and our various friends haven't had *too many problems*..

Must be all the natural Vitamin D intake.. :)

kL

I laughed it off back then but I never forgot it. Now that I am a little older I can't help but notice my best friends marriage. She married a really, really nice guy! (We all thought she could have done better!) He does everything for her! Buys her a nice new car every 3 years, takes her wherever she want to for their vacation and he spends more time around the house taking care of their kids than any of my other friends! When I look at my husband I think "He looks a lot better!" but he isn't half a nice as Mr. Baldy!

Even if I HAD the money there isn't a woman walking today who I would treat that way. Why should I? The only problem I see here is you think this is acceptable behavior for a man, whereas to me it just looks sickeningly obsessive.

FYI my hairline's about 75%

Even if I HAD the money there isn't a woman walking today who I would treat that way. Why should I? The only problem I see here is you think this is acceptable behavior for a man, whereas to me it just looks sickeningly obsessive.

Agreed.

I think bald men make better husbands because they are less competition for guys with alot of hair...

I mean sometimes baldness is sexy(i.e. Michael Jordan, David Beckham, and Chris Daughtry)when they have a nice head shape...But Dr. Phil type bald...That guy has to be married or he would never get laid.

Fortunately, baldness does not run in my family...on either side. But I found a grey hair in my head a week ago. :mellow:

Even if I HAD the money...

Go 100% and save money on hair care products.

Agreed.

Aye.

The cynical part of me wonders what she would do if something happened to him and he was no longer able to treat her so extravagantly.

At any rate, the situation you (Wendy) described just seems excessive and wasteful.

I think bald men make better husbands because they are less competition for guys with alot of hair...
I think she meant people who are haloed or tonsured by genetics, not completely bald. Although some people pull even that look off...

It's funny how some of the guys here said they would never treat any woman this way. Wenny said he is a nice guy, spends time with the kids. He does everything for her, sounds like he adores her. Funny how the guys honed in on" the new car every 3yrs(probably a leased car), takes her on vacation where she wants." Maybe she adores him right back. If all you look for is good looks, that might be all you get. She obviously looked past his hairline and saw a real prince inside. :grin:

Because it's blatantly ironic. It'd be like me saying girls with small tits give better blowjobs. "Yeah someone told me small breasted girls make better girlfriend. I have a friend who has a small breasted wife, and he tell me all the time how good her blowjobs are! Much better than my big-breasted wife's! And she cooks and cleans too!"

Because it's blatantly ironic. It'd be like me saying girls with small tits give better blowjobs. "Yeah someone told me small breasted girls make better girlfriend. I have a friend who has a small breasted wife, and he tell me all the time how good her blowjobs are! Much better than my big-breasted wife's! And she cooks and cleans too!"

In your ham-fisted way, you have a point. It seems to all boil down to what you might call 'compensation' eh? Or maybe they just have a happy marriage. It could happen. :Wendywhatever:

If you *have* to make a generalization, the compensation theory seems to be the best fit, but I think relationships are a lot more complex than that.

It's funny how some of the guys here said they would never treat any woman this way. Wenny said he is a nice guy, spends time with the kids. He does everything for her, sounds like he adores her. Funny how the guys honed in on" the new car every 3yrs(probably a leased car), takes her on vacation where she wants." Maybe she adores him right back. If all you look for is good looks, that might be all you get. She obviously looked past his hairline and saw a real prince inside. :grin:

You're right, of course. I hadn't intended to call into question the integrity of either spouse, merely point out (as did Haui) generalizations such as "X men make/do better Y" are almost invariably flawed. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a bald man who's just as much a dick as this guy is a prince.

I dated a guy who was bald. He was a salesman who came into my work all the time and spent six months convincing me he was a nice guy. What I learned was that salesman make a living convincing people things that are not exactly true.

I dated a guy who gave me stuff. I didn't really like it. Being given gifts frequently for no reason (beyond birthdays, anniversaries and whatnot) made be feel like I was being bought. I will never be in a relationship like that again.

I dated a guy who gave me stuff. I didn't really like it. Being given gifts frequently for no reason (beyond birthdays, anniversaries and whatnot) made be feel like I was being bought. I will never be in a relationship like that again.

I don't think the point being made here is about being given stuff, the only stuff Wendy even mentioned was the new car and the family vacation. I think the point being made here is what a great guy he is but he is bald, which some people may consider a flaw, some wouldn't( Example Chris Daughtry :wicked:)Male or female if you look past physical flaws (in the eye of the beholder) you might find a great mate. :shrug:

I don't think the point being made here is about being given stuff, the only stuff Wendy even mentioned was the new car and the family vacation. I think the point being made here is what a great guy he is but he is bald, which some people may consider a flaw, some wouldn't( Example Chris Daughtry :wicked:)Male or female if you look past physical flaws (in the eye of the beholder) you might find a great mate. :shrug:

I think it depends on the flaw and what the person will accept or not. For me, a guy just has to have nice hands, I don't know why, but it's what I notice. If I don't find their hands attractive, I'm not interested. I know it's weird. Their voice too. I like men who sound like men. However, what is most important, they have to be pretty intelligent, intellectually curious and make me think.

Seriously, my idea of foreplay with a man is an great intellectual discussion.

Their voice too. I like men who sound like men.

They have to sound like they smoke 10 packs of Marlboro Cigarettes a day? :rotfl:

They have to sound like they smoke 10 packs of Marlboro Cigarettes a day? :rotfl:

Not at all. ewww! I went on a date recently with this guy who kept asking me out. He had this really high voice that got on my nerves. I wasn't all that interested but he was persistant. So I told him to meet me at the bookstore.

I said to him:

"You know there is no historical evidence that Jesus ever even existed."

"Yes there is."

"Really? What is it?" (Expecting, perhaps, Flavius Testimonium)

"The Shroud of Turin and the fact our calender goes back to the birth of Jesus."

*Blank stare and the realisation I just wasted an hour I can never get back*

"The Shroud of Turin and the fact our calender goes back to the birth of Jesus."

*Blank stare and the realisation I just wasted an hour I can never get back*

You laughed directly into his face right. :grin:

Wow. Glad I don't have to do the dating ritual anymore. I still date, but it's the same lovely lady for the last 15 years. 14 of those have been since we hitched up all good and proper like. :lmao:

Take care of yourself out there in the dating world. It sounds like you were right and shouldn't have went out with the whinny guy.