Goodbye Jesus

Biblegod and his misdirected anger

Tyson

So according to 2 Samuel 24 God is pissed off at Israel (for reasons we are not told) and to get at them he pushes David to go number Israel and then gets upset he does and lets loose plague on the nation and kills 70,000 people. Of course I Chronicles 21 tells us satan is the one who pushes David to do the numbering, but I've already addressed that in another thread and which Christian wants to be bothered explaining tiny, little, insignifcant details like that?

Anyway, David does the sinning, but 70,000 people are killed for his act. Did I miss something here?

What about his indescretion with Bathsheba (that chick's name just makes her sound hot. I would have boned her too...um, sorry. Got a little carried away there.) Anyway, David allegedly compounds the problem by having her husband killed (whatever happened to simply meeting her at the local Motel 6 while the husband is out fighting the lord's battles?) For his sin, biblegod kills the baby (baby probably died of some childhood disease which brought joy to the writer because now he could play it as if God sent a prophet to tell him the baby would die and the baby did die). So David sins, but God kills his baby. He still gets to keep Bathsheba, keep his wives and concubines, his kingdom and go on to have a well polished legacy when his predecessor, for less, was humilated, had his kingdon taken from him, tormented by an "evil spirit from the lord" (today called manic depression of bi-polar disorder) and led to die an very unglorious death in battle.

Was David giving ass to biblegod or something?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

I read once that the difference between OT and NT is that in OT God dealt with sin in a "capital offence" kind of way, so the punishment didn't go to the sinner but to the family/people. And NT sin became a personal issue, you get punished personally for your sins, and no one else.

It proves that the image of God changed dramatically between OT and NT, and it yet another proof that the God concept is man made.

I read once that the difference between OT and NT is that in OT God dealt with sin in a "capital offence" kind of way, so the punishment didn't go to the sinner but to the family/people. And NT sin became a personal issue, you get punished personally for your sins, and no one else.

It proves that the image of God changed dramatically between OT and NT, and it yet another proof that the God concept is man made.

Interesting. :scratch: Makes not a lick of sense to me, but your observation makes sense in light of the history of the body counts when I think about it. God kills a bunch of people for the sin of one. Yup! That oughta learn 'em a lesson.

They use the tactics in prison, and it works, even if it's unfair.

If one inmate keep the TV on after lights-out, everyone gets punished, and then the other inmates will take care of the perpetrator internally.

Sad, but people learn their lesson.