Goodbye Jesus

Response To "get A Life!"

R. S. Martin

Sorry, I am having serious problems posting on the Main Blog and I can't find the article in the forums. So I'm starting a thread for it. I hope that's okay. Here's the article:

GET A LIFE!

.: posted 7/29/2007 ::: by .:webmaster:. ::: EmailThis! » button0-bm.gif

Your gospel story quiz made me angry.

I took it twice, the second time through I recorded the opposite response to each question and still received a zero.

Maybe you think it's clever to quiz people on the contradictions, my time is valuable and you wasted it with your impossible quiz.

Get a life.

~Alana Cooke, MA, MEd

Here is my response:

Alana Cook said:

"Maybe you think it's clever to quiz people on the contradictions, my time is valuable and you wasted it with your impossible quiz."

Now isn't that a weird thing to say--and so utterly childish. All the contradictory quizzes in the world can't force you to take them. If you are a teacher you should know all about how education works and how to evaluate your own intelligence WITHOUT taking Bible quizzes. So who's wasting your time???

Answer: Alana Cooke is wasting Alana Cooke's time. And blaming everyone but Alana Cooke for it.

Yes, that is about as childish and immature as you can get. Sorry but it shows all over your tantrum.

Oh, let's see. You will now defend yourself and say you didn't write that for the public--you just wrote it for webmaster. Want to know something? Webmaster is a normal human being with normal human feelings. He set up the site to vent. If you have done your research (as I'm sure you have, given your credentials) then you will know that he posts this kind of stuff by way of venting.

Sorry Dave if I'm wrong here. I shouldn't try to speak for others. I just think that is one of the stupidest, craziest things a person could say. And she claims to be a teacher. UGH!!!

Goodbye Jesus

That post got me too and I was oh sooooo tempted to respond to it. To rant about an on-line quiz wasting your time takes a special kind of stupid.

I couldn't beat Nelson Muntz... so I didn't try :wicked:

If she wasted her time, it is her own fault for being biblically ignorant. I didn't get too far in the quiz before I said, "Hey, wait a minute..."

This poor lady, bless her heart, had to take it twice to figure it out.

Pretty basic biblical knowledge evidently wasn't her strong suit... it's the whole 'relationship' thing...

I think it made her angry because it made her look stupid. :lol:

I agree with you Ruby, I guess it wouldn't have been a waste of her time if she were made to feel knowledgeable. <_<

'look' stupid? She looks stupid for grizzling about it... if she'd just kept her mouth shut, unless she was doing it for the entertainment of her cronies, who'd have known she has the intellect of a fence post.

Agreed Grampa. She just drew more attention to herself. She must have been really pissed off to waste more of her precious time just to complain. :P

If she'd sent us a picture then her humiliation would be complete...

I'd happily stick it up in toilet cubicles the length of my small isle... :wicked:

To rant about an on-line quiz wasting your time takes a special kind of stupid.

I love it!

Christine said:

I think it made her angry because it made her look stupid.

Absolutely!

Ro-Bear said:

If she wasted her time, it is her own fault for being biblically ignorant. I didn't get too far in the quiz before I said, "Hey, wait a minute..."

This poor lady, bless her heart, had to take it twice to figure it out.

Yeah, but every Christian knows he/she is far more enlightened than any godless heathen like us here. I think that's the barb of this joke. She was going to prove to the godless heathen that she was quite capable of doing well in bible quizzes. But she FAILED!

Unbelievable! UNTHINKABLE!

It absolutely HAD to be the heathen's fault because, well, it simply COULD NOT have been her own. She posted her credentials to prove it. She never asked--maybe Dave has a PhD in theology. Or an MDiv. Or something equally impressive. All she's got is a degree or two in education.

Grandpa Harley said:

Pretty basic biblical knowledge evidently wasn't her strong suit... it's the whole 'relationship' thing...

Apparently "relationship" doesn't cut it when it comes to brass bolts. Just don't ever let them know it. But Dave did let them know it--he posted a quizz to show them up. And the "relationship" wasn't strong enough to calm her down and keep her cool. She throws a temper tantrum like a spoiled five-year-old brat. And possibly expects to be respected for it--do you think???

I think this is one of Dave's larger victories.

I'm having a beer to celebrate it as I type...

I wonder if

"Alana Cooke, M.A., M.Ed. M.A., University of Illinois-Springfield, M.Ed., Nations University" is our Alana...

I wonder if

"Alana Cooke, M.A., M.Ed. M.A., University of Illinois-Springfield, M.Ed., Nations University" is our Alana...

Whoa! Are you suggesting that our bawling tantrum-throwing Ms. Cooke is not just a kindergarten teacher--but holds a position in post-secondary education???

I wouldna ha' thunk it.

If that is the case, she posted her name and credentials to intimidate. What happened was that she drew lots and lots of negative attention to herself on the Main Blog and on here. Intimidation didn't happen.

That must feel awfully unsettling for an insecure christian who depends on some mythical figure to save her from her stupidity. I can't even tell her to go get an education. Formal education failed to make a sage of a crazy.

One thing is in her favour--all this persecution from the heathen will earn her some brownie points with Jesus. We need to take that into consideration.

The name and qualifications were wielded like knife, thus I figure we're dealing with someone who can enter the real world with the aid of a proctologist...

*flushes* Now what was that, GH?

Ooops.

I'd draw a picture, but I'd have to be Goya to do it justice ;)

or Tom of Finland

I don't care how many degrees she claims she has, she's a dipshit.

If she can't figure out the point of that quiz - after taking it twice - then her degrees aren't worth much use other than as toilet paper.

I woke up quickly to what the quiz is about. As no choices can be the correct answer it show the contradictions in the bible. The question about how many men were in the tomb of Jesus. It depends on which Gospel you read. They all differ. What does that show about the bible. It can't be regarded as a serious accurate work.

TEAR IT UP.

Having numerous letters after my name (should I choose to use them) I can pretty safely say that 99% of qualifications are memory tests.

I do respect some Ph.D. but only from schools I recognise... I keep meaning to finisih my Master of Divinity dissertation, since it's been on hiatus since my illness...

Does it bother anyone that a person who educates children considers an excerise in critical thinking a waste of her time?

Yes it does bother me that someone who teaches children would find an exercise in critical thinking skills a waste of time. To have taken the quiz twice, failed it both times and to have not realized what the actual point of the quiz was is quite sad. I give her a big fat F.

she needs a big fat dry slapping...

and I'm beyond being bothered by the stupidity of the teaching profession... I wasn't impressed when I started school and I was pretty much the same when I graduated... there were a few notable exceptions to that... the guy who truned me on the Shakespeare for instance, but that was more than counter balanced by the large number I was surprised they allowed to have a fork...

Yes it does bother me that someone who teaches children would find an exercise in critical thinking skills a waste of time. To have taken the quiz twice, failed it both times and to have not realized what the actual point of the quiz was is quite sad. I give her a big fat F.

Schools never teach critical thinking. All they want to do is teach kids to regurgitate the supplied facts and push on into the work force. North American education isn't about actually making the world a better place.