Goodbye Jesus

If God Loves Christians So Much, Then Why Did He Let This Happen To A Church Bus?

08 hawk

This is a test. It is only a test of the God Network...please stand by and pray. If you keep the faith, regular godly programming will return. :P

Don't you know they were so faithful and loved God so much that He brought them home? See how He can even use a drunk driver.

Wow, I feel kinda dirty now.

I think it amounts to shit happens, and it happens in the same proportions no matter who you worship (or don't) and where you spend Sunday mornings.

Maybe they weren't True Christians ™ and god was punishing them for listening to False Teachers ™ and believing Satan's lies? :ugh:

Well, of course, you know, God didn't cause that accident, it was human error - because humans are sinful and imperfect and have been ever since that whole thing in the Garden of Eden - you know, that snake and tree and eating fruit thing. And of course once humankind sinned then all sorts of evil things could get into the world, like bot flies and tsunamis and death and disease and famine and neocons and human negligence and children dying in flaming bus accidents. And of course, God couldn't step in and actually do anything to prevent it, because he has to stand by and let his children experience the consequences of humanity's sinfulness, so that they can remember how much they need him...

...blah, blah, f'ing blah... :Wendywhatever:

Man. I can't believe I remember that explanation. Somebody wash me off with bleach...

I don't know why it just doesn't occur to people that god doesn't have anything to do with anything that happens on this planet. Shit just happens, people fuck up, they don't have buses that are up to highway safety standards, and disasters happen. And it just sucks. And that's all. No meaning to it, no cosmic rhyme or reason, no loving god, no hating god, either - just shit happens.

Believe it or not, I attended college in the early 90's with someone who was one the bus and was the pastor's son.

Maybe God just had enough, and had to whack them with a stick, so to speak.

It was a warning from god not to vote for Dukakis or whoever the Dem candidate was in 1988. Obviously.