Goodbye Jesus

God Answers Prayers Of Paralyzed Little Boy

webmdave

• Admin

SAN FRANCISCO–For as long as he can remember, 7-year-old Timmy Yu has had one precious dream: From the bottom of his heart, he has hoped against hope that God would someday hear his prayer to walk again. Though many thought Timmy's heavenly plea would never be answered, his dream finally came true Monday, when the Lord personally responded to the wheelchair-bound boy's prayer with a resounding no.

"I knew that if I just prayed hard enough, God would hear me," said the joyful Timmy, surrounded by stuffed animals sent by well-wishing Christians from around the globe, as he sat in the wheelchair to which he will be confined for the rest of his life. "And now my prayer has been answered. I haven't been this happy since before the accident, when I could walk and play with the other children like a normal boy."

God's response came at approximately 10 a.m. Monday, following a particularly fervent Sunday prayer session by little Timmy. Witnesses said God issued His miraculous answer in the form of a towering column of clouds, from which poured forth great beams of Divine light and the music of the Heavenly Hosts. The miraculous event took place in the Children's Special Care Ward of St. Luke's Hospital, where Timmy goes three times a week for an excruciating two-hour procedure to drain excess fluid from his damaged spinal column.

Said Angela Schlosser, a day nurse who witnessed the Divine Manifestation: "An incredible, booming voice said to Timmy, 'I am the Lord thy God, who created the rivers and the mountains, the heavens and the earth, the sun and the moon and the stars. Before Me sits My beloved child, whose faith is that of the mustard seed from which grows mighty and powerful things. My child, Timmy Yu, I say unto you thus: I have heard your prayers, and now I shall answer them. No, you cannot get out of your wheelchair. Not ever."

Paralyzed in a 1996 auto accident that also claimed the lives of both his parents, Timmy has served as a shining example to his fellow churchgoers at Lord In Heaven On High Church, inspiring others with his simple, heartfelt devotion. Now that Timmy has received an answer, Christians the world over are celebrating his story as a stirring testament to the power of faith.

"The Lord has answered a little boy's plea to know if he would ever walk again, and that answer was no," Rev. H. Newman Gunther of the San Francisco School Of Divinity said. "For years, this boy had been plagued by the question of whether or not he would ever walk, and now Our Lord, in his wisdom and mercy, has forever laid to rest any lingering doubt. Young Timmy can rest assured in the immutable truth that the Lord has bestowed upon him. Now and for all time, he finally knows that he will never escape the cruel prison of his chair of iron, for God hath willed it so. Praise be to God!"

Asked for comment, God said: "This kind-hearted child's simple prayer hath moved Me. Never before have I seen such faith. His trusting soul, so full of innocent devotion to Me, hath offered seventy times seven prayers asking, 'God? Can I please walk again?' It was indeed right and fitting that I, in My infinite wisdom, should share with him the One True Answer to this long-repeated question he put before Me."

"My will be done," God added.

Witnesses to the miracle said Timmy begged God for several minutes to change His mind and heal his shattered vertebrae, but the Lord stood firm.

"God strongly suggested that Timmy consider praying to one of the other intercessionary agents of Divine power, like Jesus, Mary or maybe even a top saint," Timmy's personal physician, Dr. William Luttrell, said. "The Lord stressed to Timmy that it was a long shot, but He said he might have better luck with one of them."

Despite all the attention he has received, Timmy remains humble in the face of his newfound notoriety as the only human ever to have a prayer directly answered by God Himself.

"I know that God loves me, because it says so in the Bible," Timmy said. "So right now, I am just glad that God took the time to answer my prayer. If only I could walk, this would be the greatest day of my life."

To monitor comments posted to this topic, use comment-ful.gif.

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2007/07...zed-little.html

I think this sad story sums up the christian faith.

Studies have shown that god does not answer prayers and the church has told people not to expect prayers to be answered as god does not answer personal requests. Since it is said that god knows what is in the "hearts" of people, what is the point of praying other than maybe to do a bit of ass-kissing?

If this is a true story, all it does is indicate that some people can perform magic with a measurable degree of success. After all, prayer is just another form of magical ritual, and if we understand magic to be the art of effecting change via the summoning forth of emotional energy and the ritualized direction of that energy in accord with one's will and desires, that's precisely what this child did. He wanted to walk, prayed to walk, and somehow caused himself to heal enough to do so.

It doesn't prove the Xian god exists, since there are many people who pray to the Xian god for healings and other changes and do not receive them. The Xian god has promised to answer all prayers offered in its name, and we know this simply doesn't happen, or else there would be no suffering, no pain, and no non-xians in the world today.

What the fuck???????????????????? This can't be real...where'd it come from?

EDIT:

*whew* It's fake and it's almost ten years old:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28812

About "The Onion"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_onion

39094556_G.gif

*stares off into the LOL animation*

Oh yeah... it's fake... leave it to Jesus freaks to rely on made up bullshit to try and further their failing cause.

*stares some more*

ahhh....

The Onion is humour...

You know... jollity and foll-de-roll...

The sad thing about this is that even though it's the Onion, I can see something like it being printed in the mainstream news as fact.

My first reaction was relief that they decided to let it go and not kill the poor child in some bizarre exorcism.

The Onion really is wonderful, isn't it?

I don't understand this. The story clearly says the answer was no and that he would never get out of his chair and walk. Yet people in this thread talk as though he experienced a measure of healing.

The only "miracle" is that "god" responded with audible voice in--English! of all sacred languages. And the audible answer could easily have been managed by adults.

The boy's joy seems totally out of sync with the story. I can well believe that it's fake. What I don't get is that people here are responding as though the boy got healed when the answer was no. Can anybody explain?

This story could prove to be very valuable. Show this to anyone who has half a brain left and put it to them to say whether this story sounds completely plausible enough. Even if he doesn't show it, even the devoutest christian will have his doubts...

I don't understand this. The story clearly says the answer was no and that he would never get out of his chair and walk. Yet people in this thread talk as though he experienced a measure of healing.

The only "miracle" is that "god" responded with audible voice in--English! of all sacred languages. And the audible answer could easily have been managed by adults.

The boy's joy seems totally out of sync with the story. I can well believe that it's fake. What I don't get is that people here are responding as though the boy got healed when the answer was no. Can anybody explain?

It's what my mum calls discharging mouth without loading brain...

There is a teaching that God responds to prayer with one of three different answers: yes, no or wait. So pretty much anything that happens is God's answer. What a cop-out.

Thanks ex-COG. But why do people here talk as though he got healed when he didn't?

Maybe no one else read the story.

I think they got in a tizz before finishing the story...

I think they got in a tizz before finishing the story...

That is the only thing that makes sense because this little boy did not get healed. Not even temporarily. He just got all happy when he heard God say in an audible voice that the answer was No. Doctors and nurses heard the voice, too. There was a fairly lengthy speech, recorded word for word in the story.

Thus, this story could be for real. Except the voice of God was probably a set-up by adults made to appear as though it was God. And the kid was made to believe he was the first person ever to hear the voice of God. That, however, does not jibe at all with Bible stories. God spoke with Adam, Eve, Cain, Moses, Elijah, and probably other prophets. So the stories go.