Goodbye Jesus

Am I Still A Newbie?

par4dcourse

I'm working on my ex-testimony even as I type, but not ready yet.

I hope I don't sound like a blithering idiot, but I'm so happy to find this site I'm about to wet myself. (just kidding). I haven't believed in the whole god/cryast/heven/hell thing in a long time, but with fundie parents and living in the babble belt, I have only recently declared my atheism to the public, and more importantly, my family.

What has me so enthused is not only finding like-minded folks, but that the general discussion is so intelligent, excluding the occaisional prophet who sneaks in.

I love reading opines from Jun, Hansolo, Grandpa Harley, RubySera, Brother Jeff, HuaiDan, Legion Regalis, and Antlerman to name but a few.

My reason for posting, aside from the kudos, is to invite those interested in my particular focii to e-mail me for some discussion. I'm inordinately interested in Buddhist philosophy (Jun, this is yours), and quantum physics (Legion Regalis seems a scientific sort, but anyone else interested is welcome). Quantum Mechanics also has me interested in non-locality, or connectivity-at-a-distance, and how it may relate to thoughts.

Being new to the group, I don't want to tie up website space unless others are interested, but I think I OK'd releasing my e-mail adddress when I joined. If, not, let me know and I'll respond.

Best wishes to all.

'

I am very interested in two rediculoud Christian conundrums now that I have been an Ex-Christian for almost 2 years. The biggest, and most amazinf thing for me has become "how could any reasonable intelligent person EVER have come to believe in the Christian "Trinity". As a Christian I was always totally and completely orthodox on the matter. The beauty is that the Orthodox postion on the Trinity is the most rediculous position you could have possibly come up with. (espcially when you start talking about the Incarnation of the "SEcond" person of the Trinty, and the Dual "natures" of Christ. It is not "beyond" our comprehension as we were always told. It is actually well within our comprehension, and we can comprehend it as false and rediculous.

The secnd issue is the "Atonemnet". The "Atonement" of Christ is second only to the Trinity in it's absurdity. I would love to talk to folks about these matters.

I'm working on my ex-testimony even as I type, but not ready yet.

I hope I don't sound like a blithering idiot, but I'm so happy to find this site I'm about to wet myself. (just kidding). I haven't believed in the whole god/cryast/heven/hell thing in a long time, but with fundie parents and living in the babble belt, I have only recently declared my atheism to the public, and more importantly, my family.

What has me so enthused is not only finding like-minded folks, but that the general discussion is so intelligent, excluding the occaisional prophet who sneaks in.

I love reading opines from Jun, Hansolo, Grandpa Harley, RubySera, Brother Jeff, HuaiDan, Legion Regalis, and Antlerman to name but a few.

My reason for posting, aside from the kudos, is to invite those interested in my particular focii to e-mail me for some discussion. I'm inordinately interested in Buddhist philosophy (Jun, this is yours), and quantum physics (Legion Regalis seems a scientific sort, but anyone else interested is welcome). Quantum Mechanics also has me interested in non-locality, or connectivity-at-a-distance, and how it may relate to thoughts.

Being new to the group, I don't want to tie up website space unless others are interested, but I think I OK'd releasing my e-mail adddress when I joined. If, not, let me know and I'll respond.

Best wishes to all.

'

What? Are you trying to suck up or something? Okay, I'm just kidding. I'm happy to count the people you mentioned as my on-line friends and I too love reading their thoughts.

Welcome to Ex-C. If you are unsure because you are new to the forums, we were all once new here. We are a welcoming bunch and don't differenciate between new and regulars. Why don't you start a discussion in one of the forums, so we can all get in on it?

Taph