Goodbye Jesus

Flying History....

nivek

Our visit with Flying History today in Pendleton, OR.

CAF's "Sentimental Journey", a flying B-17G, in for weekend. Crawing through tours, walking just isn't possible, the bird.

Unlike the movies, you'll see pic, the inside of the bird is more like the inside of a flying cigar tube than anything else.

Lotta the pics are details taken for modelling of the B-17 models Beastie and I will be building for display at our local Air/Flying memorial.

Enjoy metalheads..

2265109730066664670S600x600Q85.jpg

kFL

Nice. The B-17, workhorse of our strategic bombing campaign in Europe. A pity we showed Udet them before the war started.

IMO one of the kewlest planes of WWII. Bristling with 50 cals. Man what I wouldn't give to be one of those gunners, if I could only guarantee that I could make it back in one piece...and the Me's and FW's I'd be shooting at were robotic drones....

IMO one of the kewlest planes of WWII. Bristling with 50 cals. Man what I wouldn't give to be one of those gunners, if I could only guarantee that I could make it back in one piece...and the Me's and FW's I'd be shooting at were robotic drones....

Being a gunner would be great, but just not the ball turret...