Goodbye Jesus

"christian Embassy"

mick

http://www.richarddawkins.net/article,1500...bassy,Lou-Dobbs

Check out these videos. These scared me alot. Ruby has another thread about forming organizations to expose the Bible. One person in there talked about why he is focusing on his career now rather than his "ex-Christianity". I actually understand that, and have thought alot about stuff like that. However, stuff like this makes me reconsider. When I look at these videos I think that Christianity needs to be stomped out. It is going to take a massive ORGANIZED movement of RATIONAL people and EX-CHRISTIANS to truly expose the lie of the Bible. The dumb Bible-Belters have control of the military unfortunately.

Unfortunately, xianity is as likely to be stomped out as Islam. In fact, direct attacks on the religion will only empower them more. They love to see themselves as martyrs, so the worst thing we could do would be to give them an actual reason to believe they're being persecuted.

I think the best approach is to focus on the constitution. When it was written, separation of church and state was as important to protestants as it was to the freethinkers. Why? Because they weren't the majority religion at the time. Our best allies right now are the Catholics & Jews. They are often the ones bringing these lawsuits against xians about the 10 commandments & other xian crap. Jews don't believe in Jesus, & Catholics have a different 10 commandments. This is the best chance we have for getting separation of c&s back - pitting those 3 religions against each other. And in a few years, Islam will be tossed in there as well - that's already started, in fact.

The majority of people don't think atheists should have ANY SAY in separation of church & state matters. That's the sad fact of this country - we don't count. And there aren't enough of us to change that. But there are enough people of non-xian religions to fight the current evangelic craze that's taking over our government. That, IMO, is what will eventually save us from this madness. Unfortunately, it will probably take decades, since the supreme court has now been set up w/ Bush's fundy extremists.

I actually just listened to the speaches from the freedom from religion foundations 2006 conference and michelle goldberg (possibly jewish) and Mikey Weinstein talked about christian embassy and the rise of christian nationalism both of which is interesting and scary at the same time.

http://ffrf.org/events/2006/audio/