Goodbye Jesus

Family Stuff

Amethyst

Went to the cabin for a family reunion this weekend. All in all it wasn't bad, but *sigh* the fundy relatives were there, and I found out my young cousin is marrying a Church of Christer. They will be living in Florida, but...sheesh. Had to hear all about the "wonderful" mission work she was going to be doing.

:ugh:

I feel so sorry for her, and yet there's nothing I can do about it.

Edit: That should be Campus Crusade, not Church of Christ.

I know what you mean amethyst. What can you do when they believe so hard and aren't questioning anything?

It's part of the reason why I feel like I can't contact any of my old friends on Facebook. I don't want to hear about all their "ministry" crap and I don't want them trying to re-convert me.

That's all Fundified Florida needs is more Fundies! Is that the one where you were sent a letter and asked to donate to her mission trip?

No. There should be a correction, it's Campus Crusade, I remember that now. They're the ones with the crazies who go to college campuses and tell women they're evil for wearing makeup and blue jeans. Tried to get me in college and I told them no.

Also, my cousin was being unusually nice to me this weekend. I kept wondering if she was going to try and convert me or something, but she hasn't yet.

Went to the cabin for a family reunion this weekend. All in all it wasn't bad, but *sigh* the fundy relatives were there, and I found out my young cousin is marrying a Church of Christer. They will be living in Florida, but...sheesh. Had to hear all about the "wonderful" mission work she was going to be doing.

:ugh:

Edit: That should be Campus Crusade, not Church of Christ.

Sorry about your situation. The Campus Crusaders have been around a long time, always trying to convert people. Not sure, but do they confine their conversion campaigns to college campuses? Right, all we need down here in FL is more of it.

I have a fundie Baptist family. They buy into the whole Republican political thing too, like its one package. I visit my parents once a year (they are 1,500 miles away) and ignore it all as much as I can because I do love them. After my mother started writing me letters filled with Bible verses, I wrote her back that I do not wish to discuss religion with her since it is my private business. I simply refuse to go down that road with them. Hard to have a real relationship with someone who is sure you are going to hell and whose life revolves around the church, though.

No. There should be a correction, it's Campus Crusade, I remember that now. They're the ones with the crazies who go to college campuses and tell women they're evil for wearing makeup and blue jeans. Tried to get me in college and I told them no.

Also, my cousin was being unusually nice to me this weekend. I kept wondering if she was going to try and convert me or something, but she hasn't yet.

There are lots of Ex-Cers who were sucked in by Campus Crusade.

I hate it when people are out of the way nice to me. If they are normally always nice, that's one thing, but people who are oddly nice, I always wonder what they want.

Maybe her fundified self feels sorry for you because she is fulfilling her obligation as a woman by getting the ring and you are still single.

Maybe her fundified self feels sorry for you because she is fulfilling her obligation as a woman by getting the ring and you are still single.

That is probably part of it. I'm one of the oldest of my cousins not yet married, and I do have quite a few. She's in her early twenties. I'm 32. I have no desire to rush into a marriage just for the sake of getting married. I have too many friends who made that mistake and later regretted it.

You can send me to crash the wedding if you want. :pureevil:

The one and only time I was really "hit on a lot" by Christians was by the Campus Crusaders. Made the mistake of wearing my high school football shirt around campus. Of a school of 25,000, my last name, which was written acrosst he back of the shirt, was the only such name in the campus directory. I got phone calls and met this same guy everywhere, trying to get me to his bible study meeting. It was awful.

The part I hated most, I was brand new to campus, had not gotten myself ortiented, and they swooped down on me like they were vultures. Disgusting.