Goodbye Jesus

Went To Church Today

GraphicsGuy

Yeah, maybe it was stupid. I guess it's just so ingrained to me. I left half way through the sermon because it was stupid, but I felt like it was a good experience.

Especially during the music, it really convinced me that the "moving of the spirit" used to be all in my head.

I went to a completely new church for me and they had a fantastic band. I'm a musician so I can get really into it. Their drummer was awesome and that always helps. So, they start singing "Agnus Dei" by Smitty and when the huge cresendo came up for the chorus I got this huge shiver up my back and all the hairs on my neck stood up...my blood was flowing hot in my veins...my adrenaline started pumping...it was awesome...and I wasn't participating in the slightest.

Had that happened in my fundy days, that "feeling" would have been the "spirit" moving over me and I'm sure there are tons in churches today that think just that.

Then the pastor started preaching about spiritual gifts and I started getting angry through it so I left.

Overall, I'm glad I did it. It just confirmed that I've made the right decision to not believe those things anymore.

Hm. Sounds like one of those holy roller Assembly of God churches my mom is involved with.

I never could stand it either. That type of Christianity can be addicting. Those strong enough to think for themselves are usually very put off by the addicts and their addiction.

Many christians have to keep going to church to get their weekly dose of brain washing. A service of one hour works out at about one minute per brain cell washed.