Goodbye Jesus

Open Letter To Cbr

Guest Geese Aplenty

Guest Geese Aplenty

Anyone aware of CBR? They create great big pictures of baby slaughter, and truck them around public places (e.g., college campuses, the freeway) to show the evil of abortion. I volunteered for them a while ago when I was a Christian. I decided to write them an e-mail after reading one of their articles. Here's what I wrote:

Gregg, Darius, et al

Hi. I am an ex-christian who spent several years in pro-life work. I was moved to be active in this work after seeing Hard Truth (not Harder Truth with the odd heavy metal score...whose idea was THAT?). I read Father Pavone's article "Applause from Hell" recently and agree that applauding the torture and killing of a baby on video is deeply disturbing. But it got me to thinking.

Guys, if I ever come back to the faith, I would like to know how sincere believers are to answer the following quandary. I have since learned after leaving the church that evolution and deep time are true, despite what my cultish evangelical clergy told me for years. And I have been told by many devout Christians since that I am not incorrect. This is very important.

If this is true, this means that death and suffering were woven into creation from the outset. It means that the preincarnate Jesus didn't have any problem with throwing humanity--who you must insist He loves--into the food chain and a world of breathtaking calamity. Doesn't that strike you as odd? Moreover, there are several instances in the history of the Jews in which God tells his beloved sons to run babies through with spears, in one case because of some violation committed by their ancestors centuries prior. Is this the same Jesus you insist hates the murder of preborn human beings? I realize that this happened millenia ago, but the violation of the Amelek ambush happened, like I said, centuries prior to God's murderous raid. Morality should not flux with the times, especially not absolute Biblical morality. Remember, we're talking about the shish-kebobbing of terrified children who had no hand in their ancestors' deceptive bellicosity.

If that is not evil, then nothing is evil, amen?

See, this is why I cannot imagine being involved in pro-life work again. Because these questions hound me. How can Jesus drop men into the food chain and order his children to kill babies? If you say extreme wickedness and child sacrifice, please address the cognitive dissonance that arises from being told child sacrifice is the proper response to child sacrifice. Moreover, the adoption of Amelekite and Midianite tykes by loving Jews surely would have been the better remedy, not baby slaughter committed by bloodlust-drunk, war-chanting Jewish guerrillas. I don't care how long ago it happened; that makes me wanna puke in the same way watching a Haskell video would make me wanna puke. I feel just as existentially ill when I think of pagan priests dropping babies into magma pools in order to appease the gods . (Gregg, you call this the "functioning conscience," so I know you know what I'm getting at.)

If you were ordered by the pre-incarnate Christ to stab a child to death with your spear, sword, dagger, or what have you, would you have done it? Or would you have refused to commit the jihad-ish deed on principle?

I really need a good response. Please think about this and answer it on your own. Don't link me to death, as I have no time to read links. I need answers from smart, merciful, and compassionate men and women of God. Given your obvious indignation concerning the act of child slaughter today, you should be capable of answering this question on your own or together (if you wish). Like I said, just don't patronize me by linking me.

Oh, and here's a video to show you need to ramp up your education of your pro-life army. They don't seem to know what they believe.

I look forward to your response. Keep in mind that church betrayal tends to make one angry. My wife's cousin, we recently found out, was raped by her godly pro-life pastor when she was 5. I saw it as God giving me permission to investigate my nagging doubts and confront odd contradictions concerning what I was told was His abhorrence of baby suffering ( i.e., I don't think Biblegod exists; He is merely a flight of evangelical imaginative fancy). Try not to take my tone too seriously. Just tell me how you address these hard questions when people ask them of you.

Sincerely,

Matthew

these questions hound me. How can Jesus drop men into the food chain and order his children to kill babies?

Noone can question the will of god. Here, have a faith-pill.

these questions hound me. How can Jesus drop men into the food chain and order his children to kill babies?

Noone can question the will of god. Here, have a faith-pill.

Have you got some more of those faith-pills? There's a batch of fundy pastors who need them bad. Maybe then they can love women who have abortions. Because obviously the Bible says to kill unwanted babies. With today's technology and scientific insight we can now do it before the babies are born or developed far enough to feel pain. They're just flushed and they're dead.

It's like we used to do on the farm. Some years we got too much seed for the garden. We might keep it for a few years but eventually if it wasn't used it got too old so we would throw it out. We didn't think we were throwing out a patch of corn or peas or carrots--it was just a handful of old useless seed. Why would human "seed" be any different? The body is always manufacturing more. I'm thinking along the lines of the morning after pill or first trimester abortions.

Geese Aplenty said:

They create great big pictures of baby slaughter, and truck them around public places (e.g., college campuses, the freeway) to show the evil of abortion.

Or do they do it because of the intense hatred in their hearts and their lust for violence?