Goodbye Jesus

More From Bobby

BobbyCole

I have a few of things I want to discuss here.

Back when I was in my mid 20's, my uncle died and at his funeral, I mentioned to some family members that I don't believe in the whole funeral business. It's strange and morbid. I understood that the survivors need closure. But personally I want to be cremated. It's the only thing that makes sense. They looked at me like I was filled with evil and told me that I can't do that. Now first of all, at this time I'm 24 years old, a young adult and living on my own and making my own decisions. I said I am no longer a Catholic and I Don't believe in what the Catholic Church teaches. I'm sure everyone on this board understands the closed minded older generation and this was 23 years ago. Well after some heated discussion, things simmered down and topic was dropped. What If I became Jewish or anything else. People come at you only from their belief and perspective.

Forge ahead to 1996. I'm 35 and about to have my first and only child. Now my wife hates religion more than me but she keeps quiet and will never voice her opinion. She doesn't want to make waves. I though have come to love making waves. The bigger the better. We are both from staunch Catholic families. Before our son was born, my wife and I talked it over a lot about our choice of not bringing up our son with any religious affiliation. If he want to tote the Bible when he's adult, then power to him. But while he's under my roof, there is no religion to be found anywhere. So we knew that we were going to get some heavy rath from both sides when we decided not to Baptise. I sat down with my mother and her 2nd husband. it hard for the older generation to understand some things and this was one of them. I took such heat. My wife's mother was so pissed that she threatened to take the baby and bring him to her church. We knew there would be trouble, we didn't know how much.. After having many discussions with my mother, remember her from the other post, She's not religious but programmed to follow the traditions of what Catholics are suppose to do.

I said to her, If my son dies tomorow, HE IS NOT GOING TO PURGATORY BECAUSE THERE IS NO PURGATORY. My step-father says to me, your not doing it for yourself, but for the child. I couldn't disagree more. Baptism is for the adults, the child has no idea what the hell is going on. This is to ease the mind of the faithful follower that the child gets a pass right to heaven if they die young. Does anybody really see how sick this belief is...

Why these 2 stories...

I can't recall the exact year, but the Cctholic Church changed it's mind and has allowed their followers to get cremated now...

I believe it was this year that they changed their mind and said unBaptisted babies don't go to Purgatory.

This is cruel and unusual punishment for all the mothers over the last number of decades who had to believe their babies were in this Big waiting room in the sky.

Hense.. Catholic ala Carte.. You order your own dose of Religion based on the things you like and dislike about a certain religion.

I knew it then and I know it now.. It's all a big fairy tale.

While I'm here, let me tell you what I sort of believe after reading and searching the last 30 years. This is not my final decision on what I think because I'm still searching..

I believe 1 of 2 things to be true

1. There is no God and you better enjoy every minute and every relationship you have because once loved ones move on..that's it until we move on..

2. I lean towards this one for now because deep down I don't want to believe this life is a one way ticket

I would call myself a Deist. I believe that a force beyond what is known by our capable mind started this thing called life. I believe that this power is what gives the earth life. It's what makes plants, trees, flowers, etc,, grow. We can't see it grow, but it does. It's what makes our bodies have an ability to heal itself after a cut. I believe that this force has given life to the planet but has no say or control over anything that happens here. We are on own to make life worth the journey.It can't and doesn't interfere with all that goes on here from weather, accidents, etc... It's too indiscrimanent how good people lose their lives for no apparant reason. It's not because God wanted another Angel in heaven or he needed another piano player etc...

Religious people want us to believe that the man in the sky is sitting in a chair with a notebook and watching every move from every person at all times.

If he is, then he's a sadist. Because he has watched the human race kill each other for the last 2000 years. Just going back to Phony Jesus time. He has watched people kill each other thousands of years before Jesus. Yet he continues to do so either waiting for Human Race to understand each other or waiting to destroy the world as the religious think is about to happen in the next 50 years or so.

You can't make up a story like this.

So not because I don't want to think that this is it, I believe there is a collective unconscience within us all and when we die the spirit/soul/energy/aura, or whatever you want to call it, will move on to something else. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS, but it's not in heaven or hell....

I'm still developing my theory of what I believe.. I may not have the final answer before my life is done but that's Ok,

I know what I DON'T believe.

Take Care All,

Bobby