Goodbye Jesus

God's Warriors

Asimov

"God gave the Jews Israel!"

Assuming God exists,

If God gave the Jews Israel, why do they have to fight to keep it?

Assuming God exists,

Because they didn't measure up to their petulant and capricious deity's standards of devotion, of course.

Why do they need American taxpayer money and American arms to stay safe? Yeah, I have seen how God has blessed the good ol' USA by supporting Isreal. Lost 3 skyscrapers in NYC due to this support.

This segment has been the hardest of all of them to watch. My guess is because it's so close, and familiar. It's going to take a few days to put this all in perspective.

Assuming God exists,

Well not all Jews believe Israel was given by god and hence the conflict. A branch of orthodox believe it was given by the UN and hence why there's no peace. I'm not taking sides in the issue mind you, It's all tribal to me. I'm just giving you some insight that all Jews do not believe the Israel today was given by god. You can read more about it here.

Salon

Sofer and the other rabbis are part of Neturei Karta, a strongly anti-Israel subculture within ultra-Orthodox Judaism. They're bound by a conviction, once shared by most Orthodox Jews, that Zionism is an affront to God and that peace won't prevail until the state of Israel is dismantled. The group, which claims thousands of members worldwide, was founded in Jerusalem around 1940 by rabbis opposed to attempts to create a Jewish state. There are branches of Neturei Karta in Israel, Europe and New York, where members make appearances from time to time to burn Israeli flags on Israeli Independence Day, which Neturei Karta's spiritual leader, the late Grand Rabbi Joel Teitelbaum, called "the terrible Day of Blasphemy."

and more here.

True Torah Jews Against Zionism

True Torah Jews is dedicated to informing the world and in particular the American public and politicians that all Jews do not support the ideology of the Zionist state called "Israel" which is diametrically opposite to the teachings of traditional Judaism.

We are concerned that the widespread misconception that all Jews support the zionist state and its actions endangers Jews worldwide.

We are NOT politically motivated. We are motivated by our concern for the peace and safety of all people throughout the world including those living in the Zionist state. We support and pray for peace for the people of the Zionist state but have no interest in and do not support the Zionist government.

Today's Jews just need to get back to the good book and good old-fashioned biblical values.

Go next door and slaughter every living thing, then just inherit the land.

A little disappointed in the Christian warrior segment. Christiane missed out on some great TV by leaving out Westboro Baptist.

Overall I think it's a very well done series for mainsteam media. The sad part is, your average american won't see the parallels between the three.

And another thing, did anyone else get really creeped out by the teenage group? Red flags, songs about the war; they only thing they were missing was uniforms and armbands. *shudder* His speach sounded better in the original german.

Overall I think it's a very well done series for mainsteam media. The sad part is, your average american won't see the parallels between the three.

Unfortunate but true. I know that certain members of my own family would be horrified at the fundie Islam episode (I do not know whether they have seen it or not) but would likely brush off the abuses of fundie Christians.

Assuming God exists,

Exactly - it's like Xians saying the war in Iraq is "God's Will™" despite the fact that the war isn't over yet and American soldiers keep dying.

The sad part is, your average american won't see the parallels between the three.

Much like the ending of Mark Twain's The War Prayer, wherein a mysterious figure points out the hypocrisy of their prayer for victory, and

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

I Tivo-ed the series and started to watch it tonight, but only got about 15 minutes in before the stress became unbearable.