Goodbye Jesus

British Public Workers Told Not To Eat Lunch At Work For Ramadan

nivek

JEZUOOSFOOKINMOOSEBALLS.. WHAT???????

If true, someone wanna tell me where the British men put their testicles?

kFL

http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=1275192007

British public workers told not to eat lunch at work for ramadan

NHS staff told to eat away from desks for Ramadan

HOSPITAL staff in the Lothians have been told not to eat at their desks to avoid offending Muslim colleagues during Ramadan.

NHS Lothian has advised doctors and other health workers not to have working lunches during the 30-day fast, which begins next month.

The health service's Equality and Diversity Officer sent an e-mail to all senior managers, giving guidance on religious tolerance.

This includes ensuring Muslim staff are given breaks to pray, and time off to celebrate Eid at the end of Ramadan.

It is understood they also advised hospital managers to move food trolleys away from areas where Muslims work.

An NHS spokesman said he could not confirm what was in the e-mail.

Jim McCaffery, director of acute services and workforce at NHS Lothian, said: "This e-mail was circulated to a number of senior managers as we continue to promote cultural awareness in our organisation."

But the move has angered many doctors and politicians, who say it is taking religious tolerance too far.

Bill Aitken, Scottish Conservative justice spokesman, was reported as saying: "Frankly, this advice, well meaning as it may be, is total nonsense.

"This is the sort of thing that can stir up resentments rather than result in good relations."

I understand that just to mean that employees aren't to eat their lunches in front of other workers. Yeah, stupid, but it's not like they can't eat at all, they just need to go to the employee break areas, their car, a restaurant, the cafeteria, or whatever. I've never been allowed to work on the job at a hospital anyway. Not even office folk... have to go to the break areas, cafe, or somewhere outside the network.

Edit: Moving food trolleys?! How dumb. Isn't part of the whole deal of Ramadan that they need to be tempted and Allah gives them strength and draws them closer to Him because of their ability to deny food?

Ugh.

pandy,

For this rammmadammadingalongdong time, I have a nice pig bought from a 4-H kid at the neighboring County Fair.

No Islamiks I know of locally, but I intend to offer Porkie up to the gohWDz of BBQ and testicular fortitude that the Brits suddenly find some nut_power and and soon...

While I eat several pork steaks hope that somewhere before the Great Islamic RepublikUK happens that there is a great shower of swine guts sent to those whose racial and religious intolerance made this newsie "news"...

Umm, bacon sammiches every day for a month!

kL

I think we should also ban anyone from eating meat during their lunch, it might offend vegetarians.

Or they could learn that "religious tolerance" doesn't mean "force everyone else to conform to our beliefs."

If true, someone wanna tell me where the British men put their testicles?

They're staying away from them for Ramalamadingdong as well, it would seem :angry:

I have to chime in here on the effect Muslims are having on non muslims in the whole world. I'm new to this forum, only a few days and I am an XChristian who sometimes can go from live and let live to hoping bad things happen. I am so sick if Religion and how IT POISONS EVERYTHING, I know Chris Hitchens said it but it's so right. I don't mean to be evil because it's not my nature, but I wouldn't lose any sleep or feel sadness if a 9.0 earthquake hits Mecca during their pilgrimage. I think it's time for a little earthly justice and there would be no body or race of people to blame. Between the Christians and the Muslims, I've just about had it.

This Fucking Ramadan thing is beyond stupid..Beyond.

I owned a restuarant for 8 years and recently sold. If I should ever own another one, I will NEVER hire another Muslim. I had a few and they were good workers but here in America, we have to continually make consessions for their dumb stupid beliefs and fasting. The month that they are not allowed to eat or drink from dawn to dusk really hampered my ability to run my restaurant. The world is bowing to these people and they don't give 2 shits about anyone but themselves..

Sadly, the West has lost its collective balls; at least that much can be said about the "good" ol' days of Medieval Xianity - Europeans wouldn't know whether to start another war or die laughing if someone told them they had to make concessions for the followers of Is-lame.

Perhaps that's more akin to a medieval attitude than a purely Xian one, but either or, it is one of the few things I do miss about that era. That and the music - an endless supply of catchy danceable tunes :dance:

I'll fact check...

Sounds like the Mirror Group bollocks to me...

I'll make some calls.

If it's true I'll post back...

BTW... this is Scotland, not a first world country....

http://www.nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk/news/med..._15_ramadan.asp

THERE is no question - despite reports in the national and local media - that staff in NHS Lothian have been ordered not to eat at their desks for fear of offending Muslim colleagues. Nor is there any question that NHS Lothian will be moving vending machines.

However NHS Lothian has a duty to be sensitive to needs of people of all faiths and no faith.

This story stems from an email sent to NHS Lothian and other health boards by a private public affairs consultancy. This email gave helpful background information to organisations across Scotland about Ramadan, a major Muslim religious celebration.

The email contained information on the requirements placed on Muslim colleagues and patients in observing Ramadan.

It contained a couple of suggestions for maintaining productivity. It suggested that working lunches could be difficult for Muslim colleagues who would be fasting, if observing the celebration. It also suggested organisations should consider, if felt appropriate, temporarily changing the route of food trolleys to be sensitive to colleagues who adhere to the Muslim faith. These suggestions - not orders - have been greatly exaggerated in the media and given a force they do not have.

The email was forwarded to a small number of senior managers across NHS Lothian for background information only.

It was not forwarded as a policy directive, nor was it in any way an official NHS Lothian document.

15 August 2007

MAke of that what thou wilt...

Everything someone does during the course of the day is bound to offend someone else if they choose to be offended. It is their choice whether or not to get pissed because someone else is eating lunch. The person eating lunch should not have to change their routine.

I'd wonder what they'd do if an atheist said "Being forbidden to eat my lunch where I want to offends me." Fire them?

I can just see it......"man allowed to die in emergency room because it was time for CPR technician to pray"

If an atheist found it a problem, then I'm not sure...

based on the Lothian press release, they can take Ramadan 'elsewhere'.

From personal experience with (Sunni) Islamics, they'll think Lothian are insane.

Welcome to the multi-dilemmas created by multiculturalism...

Can't we all just get along?

:lmao: On this planet?

Would love to see that, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Yeah, I guess we can hope... or go to another planet.

I can just see it......"man allowed to die in emergency room because it was time for CPR technician to pray"

IF that happened, then I can see Leeds, Bradford, Parts of Liverpool, Manchester and London would be in flames...

Not to mention Bristol, Norwich, Birmingham, etc...

That would get very ugly very quickly... and I don't know of any British Islamist who would allow prays to get in the way of an emergency...

Even Hadith states that you can catch up later on prayers or even the big stuff like Ramadan... the timing is less important than actually doing it...

Even I know that, but I'm not some bureaucrat trying to prove I'm "aware"... some of these guys live in Narnia or Middle Earth.... Maybe the Hundred Acre Wood...

And for the record, I'm no apologist for any of the cults of Abraham...

Yeah, I guess we can hope... or go to another planet.

Two observations

1) you lot will all be older and I'll be dead before the 'getting along' thing happens

2) We're talking about the British Newspapers... I check it's raining if they say it is...

1) you lot will all be older and I'll be dead before the 'getting along' thing happens

It was a joke Gramps. At least Amethyst got it. Besides you're not that much older than me.

There's a sizeable chance I won't see 55 in any way I'd call 'alive', so 'not much older' doesn't mean much

There's a sizeable chance I won't see 55 in any way I'd call 'alive', so 'not much older' doesn't mean much

Maybe if you got more sleep that wouldn't be the case Gramps.

Naa... my genetic time bomb isn't affected by sleep or anything else, save blood line.

and one day, I'll get all the sleep I've missed

'Sides, getting more sleep might have a negative effect on your sunny disposition, and we just can't have that.

'Sides, getting more sleep might have a negative effect on your sunny disposition, and we just can't have that.

Yup, sunny as the day is long *

* - day length measured in northern Finland in late November on a cloudy day. That unit being called by the S.I. a "Gramps" of cheerfulness.