Goodbye Jesus

State Fair And Religion

Amethyst

Can't even enjoy the MN state fair without a religion-free day. I was there with my parents. We stopped at the 4-H building and there was a girl's gospel choir there. Since when does 4-H sponsor religion? :ugh:

Says something when you can't go to a large public gathering without religion entering into it in some way, shape or form, even if the public gathering has nothing officially to do with it.

Well, unless they hired the San Francisco Gay Male voice Choir, you're not going to a secular choir...

That is why I stick to LaSallette Shrine (Catholic) fairs. Once, the band they hired, played eric Clapton's "Cocaine".

I never enjoyed myself so much at an event run by Christians.

Not to mention the prerequsite Right-to-Life booths complete with blown up pictures and models of fetuses. Yeah, fairs are Christian affairs given that it's primary focus is on farmers. I've never met a farmer who wasn't fundy, even ones who had master's degrees in agriculture.

Ever noticed how most of the foetus pictures are of gross pathology deformities that could have never carried to term, let alone be born alive?

Not to mention the number of 'human' foetuses that have a full set of teeth, lots and lots of body hair and opposable big toes?

It's a game of smoke and mirrors. They assume that since they're gory you don't look closely. I tend to eat a burger with extra ketchup on while loitering looking at the pictures... it really pisses them off...