Goodbye Jesus

Looking For Heaven On Earth

Ahh!

Does anybody know a country where sex, pot, liquor, an enjoyable lifestyle, and wealth are common and legal? I would prefer if it is a safe place to live as well.

Amsterdam is famous for legalized pot and prostitution. (Prostitution is legal all over Holland, and AFAIK, pot is legal all over the Netherlands.) The quality of life in the Netherlands is one of the highest on Earth - a UN study ranked it 5th in the world, with the US coming in 8th. Amsterdam is a major port with one of the world's chief stock exchanges, and is also a center of the diamond industry, so the economy looks pretty good. How well you would do finding a job, however, varies depending on your particular skillset and whatever is in demand in the country. The comparative crime rate is pretty low.

The downside - I hear that immigration to the Netherlands is extremely difficult.

Canada has easier immigration, universal health care, and some legalization of marijuana. (You'd have to ask the Canadians here about that one - I've heard that it's legal to have, but not to sell.) It's a large country, though, so the crime rate and availability of jobs is going to depend on where in the country you move. I've had my sights set on Vancouver for years, but I have to meet more qualifications to immigrate as a skilled worker. I'm pretty sure prostitution is illegal in all of Canada, but last I heard, sex was still legal. (They have to do something to keep warm up there.) :grin:

As for booze, I don't know of any western nation where it's not readily available, although the drinking age is lower in some parts of the world than others.

If you're thinking of becoming an expat, be sure to research the hell out of the country and visit it a few times before you move. Arranged employment is also a good idea - makes immigration a hell of a lot easier. It's easier to find arranged employment in a high-tech or highly in-demand industry. You're not going to get arranged employment at McDonald's. Bear in mind that legal, non-refugee immigration is not cheap. You're going to need plane fare, money to move your stuff, money for your new place, money for utilities, money for health care, money for emergencies, and it's usually a good idea to have enough money saved up to live on for at least a few months in case your arranged employment doesn't work out. Last time I checked, Canada required you bring enough money to live on for 6 months if you are entering without arranged employment.

As for religion, short of moving to Iran, any country you move to is likely to be less religious than the United States. All of them are going to have fundy douchebags though - don't think you get to leave that back in the U.S.

If you are in the US, you could try Nevada. The only thing on your list that isn't totally legal is pot, but they have decriminalized it and are working hard at legalizing it.