Goodbye Jesus

I'm Getting Bored Of Discussing Religion

Evolution_beyond

I'm starting to get a little bored of some of the threads debating religion with christians. I really can't be arsed to talk about christianity or religion anymore.

I guess that's a sign of healing - that I'm finally cured of theism :grin:

Or maybe it's just monotheist faiths I'm bored with talking about. I think I still have plenty of room for interesting discussions about Buddhism, Hinduism and paganism.

But arguing with christians about christianity and the bible? Or talking about Islam and the Koran? I've got better things to do with my time than arguing about things that I have no interest in at all.

Goodbye Jesus

I'm getting to the same point. I think it's that "discussing" with Christians usually falls into them trying to convert you. I'm actually fairly interested in religion in a historical content in the same way I'm interested in other mythologies.

It happens to all of us. At some point, though, something will happen that renews your interest, if only for a moment.

Thankfully there is more to this site than just the discussion of religion EB.

Yes, it does get tiresome after awhile, rehashing the same old issues and talking about the same old crap to the same old zombies groaning for the same old brains. That's why I just spent a little time and typed up a one-shot post wherein I try to sum up my basic problems with Xianity and include a few handy links, which I've saved to my control center's notepad. Whenever a Xian blurbles on, I just cut and paste, like I did with a few fundy twats recently. Hell if I'm retyping all that stuff each time some Xian zombie wobbles on here.

As said, there are lots of other discussions about other things here, which is good. The last thing ex-xians should do is trap themselves in a box where they cannot talk of anything else but the problems with Xianity. Those need to be addressed, of course, but there is so much more out there in the realm of religion and philosophy for the ex-er, Atheist or otherwise.

Yes, it does get tiresome after awhile, rehashing the same old issues and talking about the same old crap to the same old zombies groaning for the same old brains. That's why I just spent a little time and typed up a one-shot post wherein I try to sum up my basic problems with Xianity and include a few handy links, which I've saved to my control center's notepad. Whenever a Xian blurbles on, I just cut and paste, like I did with a few fundy twats recently. Hell if I'm retyping all that stuff each time some Xian zombie wobbles on here.

As said, there are lots of other discussions about other things here, which is good. The last thing ex-xians should do is trap themselves in a box where they cannot talk of anything else but the problems with Xianity. Those need to be addressed, of course, but there is so much more out there in the realm of religion and philosophy for the ex-er, Atheist or otherwise.

Very well said...

Certainly sometimes the site gets a bit boring, but then there are those great moments when we meet a christian who really is having doubts about the religious construct that they had previously been dedicated to. This is a great resource for the questioner. What is greatest about ex-c is that we don't try to evangelize christians into any particular belief. That is up to them. What this site does in spades is raise the issues that took us away from christianity, and let the questioner go from there.

That's why I watch all the threads, even if I may not have something to post at the time.

One doesn't abandon a lighthouse just because there aren't any ships passing at the moment.

It has occurred to me that we have a changing population. Those of us who have been here a while grow and change and move to new stages of our development. But new people come in fresh from the street, bleeding and broken and need the very stuff we've just laid aside. I think that is the on-going mission of this site. There are always new casualties, just like in a hospital ER. The work is never done, not even when all the old folk and critically ill die because others move in to take their places. There are new accidents. New victims of injury and illness. And young people grow old while kids grow up and have kids. In a never-ending cycle of life and death, whether metaphorically or literally. Ideally some of us who were once the most needy become the mentors of the next generation. I admire people like Piprus who come in here even though they have been atheists for twenty years and they come in here for no other reason than the possibility to help others struggling with the questions they struggled with decades earlier. It simply overwhelms me--the beauty of all this.

I agree with Ruby...

Actually, no... It's a sign that Satan has taken control of your mind, body and soul.

And that you're going to burn in Hell for all eternity. :grin:

Have a nice day! :grin:

:HaHa:

You are awful, Fweethawt. Simply awful. :P

Actually, no... It's a sign that Satan has taken control of your mind, body and soul.

And that you're going to burn in Hell for all eternity. :grin:

Have a nice day! :grin:

:HaHa:

Hahahaha! You're giving me a chuckle this morning, Fwee...muchos!

About tiring of arguing w/ the TrueBelivers:

Yeah, I find it an evolution of sluffing off the brainwashing crap and coming to grips with a normal identity as a nonchristian apostate (and whatever additional stuff we come up with). Most of us go through periods of rant, usually triggered by our own need to cope w/ an overwhelming world of psychotic superstitious people.

Sometimes ya just gotta holla!

And then lurk for months... :P

TBH I go round the round about simply bacuse it *may* shake something loose in the troll, or it may push someone who's faltering squarely into doubt. A pebble in the pond. Yes, it's dull, but if the roles were reversed I'd want someone to try...

and as I've said before, I'm a rat-bastard who could kick off a fist fight in a room full of Quakers and Buddhists :fdevil:

and as I've said before, I'm a rat-bastard who could kick off a fist fight in a room full of Quakers and Buddhists :fdevil:

Oh yeah, tough guy? :grin: How would you do that? I think that would be interesting to see.

I've become more interested in the culture wars that ensue from the religiosity after I became fatigued by discussing just the religion alone. Science vs. creationism. Abortion. Gay rights. Separation of church-n-state. I am more concerned by the practical implications that Christianity seems to influence the secular sphere of government and society as a whole.

Oh yeah, tough guy? :grin: How would you do that? I think that would be interesting to see.

What can I say? I am a creature of darkness, evil and an agent of Chaos... I'm also a man of wealth and taste...

I have my times where I post here like crazy then take a break and find something else to post on. But then I have been posting here for years so, pretty much seen most arguments and topics come up at one time or another.

:lmao: Its a sign alright which reads: Dead End Road.

Religion is a dead end road and a total waste of one's life not to mention all of the money that has gone down the toilet in building churches and paying their over head and preacher's salary. It is worse than gambling or spending money for drinking or smoking. In fact I would advice a person to spend it on booze, wild living and fast cars instead at least you are having fun and not being brain washed at the same time.

This is what strikes me as odd. In polite conversation one normally doesn’t bring up the subject of religion. But it seems once you start honestly dealing with the subject, it doesn’t so much as nuke a conversation as it merely throws a firecracker in it. I think religion is more bluff and bluster than anything else.

Religion isn’t a wall that separates people; it’s a speed bump.

Guest JesusHeavenlyChrist
:lmao: Its a sign alright which reads: Dead End Road.

Religion is a dead end road and a total waste of one's life not to mention all of the money that has gone down the toilet in building churches and paying their over head and preacher's salary. It is worse than gambling or spending money for drinking or smoking. In fact I would advice a person to spend it on booze, wild living and fast cars instead at least you are having fun and not being brain washed at the same time.

And you never see any of that money even after the costs are paid. I should know, I have missionaries in the family and they despise me. They get free rides to college and Jakarta and I was able to find shelter on the streets of California.

There's a reason I can't remember the last time I looked into the Lion's Den, the Colosseum or Ex-Christian Life.

'Course, with the exception of Dave (the WM), Heimdall and a few others, I'm one of the most senior members around anymore, so I've long since moved on from the whole "healing" bit. Now I stick around for the bad puns and beer. :P

what? who can get tired of discussing religion? haha, getting tired of discussing religion is inevitable, and i also second what woodsmoke typed. i have don't have the passion to debate about it anymore, plus some of theists can make it so easy.

But you at least have my respect because no matter what from now on you got your respect and self esteem when you gave up your religion and all of the money you get or spend on what ever is far better than wasting it on bull crap that religion dishes out. Family may despise you but I honor you for taking a stand.