Goodbye Jesus

D. James Kennedy Special On Evolution

Light_of_Reason

My wife and I turned the tv to the Coral Ridge Hour this morning, and Kennedy was having a special on evolution. It would have been funnier if I knew people weren't buying it.

He spent the first half hour making an appeal to emotion by attempting to argue that Hitler's ideas and genocide were a direct result of the idea of evolution. Nothing more than a scare tactic. The worst was that at one point Kennedy actually said, "No Darwin, no Hitler." This means that he doesn't know or doesn't care that another individual was about to publish the same idea at around the same time as Darwin. The bulk of it was pure drivel.

The second half was to be exposing the scientific flaws and lies of evolution. He had a panel of "experts" that were interviewed for this portion. The saddest part of this was that one of his main "experts" was none other than Ann Coulter, who we all know has an advanced degree in biochemistry focusing on evolution instead of journalism. They even mentioned her book "Godless" several times during the broadcast. You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrell for arguments when they have to resort to using Coulter and her works for expert testimony.

If any of you get TBN, you might be able to catch the broadcast later as I believe they try to air them twice or more on Sundays.

Yes, Kennedy and his "take this country back for Christ" crap. Always entertaining, except that you realize people actually fall for it.

OMG I actually visited this nut's church. My parents recommended that I watch him on TV. I can hardly stand the sight of him, but this sounds so interesting and provocative that I may have to see if I can find a repeat showing.

"No Darwin, No Hitler" what an idiot. You have got to wonder, is he really that stupid? Or is he just saying such things for an effect?

Come on Deva! Say it with me three times...

I am not a mammal!

I am not a mammal!

I am not a mammal!

There. Do you believe it?

Come on Deva! Say it with me three times...

I am not a mammal!

I am not a mammal!

I am not a mammal!

There. Do you believe it?

Legion, you are just a riot :lmao:

I turned TBN on but all I got was Hagee. He is not entertaining. He is a nasty Falwell clone. I guess I am going to miss the Kennedy show.

So, how does evolution explain the genocide committed by Columbus against the peoples of Hispaniola, their enslavment, and the enslavment of peoples of Africa? The concept of race superiority was around a long, long time before Evolution became an accepted theory.

Yeah, right, it's all down to Darwin. It has nothing whatever to do with the anti-semitism which was rife in Germany since the start of the Middle Ages. I'd like to ask Kennedy and Coulter some questions, have they ever heard of a tract written by Martin Luther known as "On the Jews and their Lies"? Next question, can either of these "experts" translate into English the word Judensau? Has either of them ever seen one? Next question, when they have studied these things, perhaps they would be so good as to read another Lutheran tract known as "Vom Schem Ham Phoras" and explain exactly how this has nothing to do with the matter?

Here is another version of an image I have posted previously in another thread:

BA183,184,185.jpg

This is to show that these bas-reliefs exist all over Germany, mostly on the walls of christian churches. The last one shown still exists on the wall of the church at Wittenberg where Luther himself preached, and of it, Luther himself wrote:

There is here in Wittenberg, on our parish church, a sow carved in stone, young piglets and Jews lie under it and suck teats. Behind the sow stands a rabbi who lifts the sow's right leg up, and with his left hand pulls the tail over himself, bows and stares with great attentiveness under the tail of the sow into the Talmud, as if he wanted to read and understand something intricate and extraordinary.

Oh for chrissakes! When will the likes of Kennedy and Coulter ever wake up? Hitler came to power in 1933, the worst year of the Great Depression world-wide. If it had not been for this calamity he would never have come to power, especially after the failure of the Beer Hall Putsch in 1923. Now in the midst of terrible unemployment etc, the German people elected him. He of course was bent on world domination, but for that one needs a powerful Army, Navy and an Air Force, and how is one to pay for these things? Taxation? Not bloody likely, although that certainly will cover a certain amount. No, there is a perfect built-in solution to this problem: you simply inflame German hatred of Jews and throw the said Jews into camps. As it's your intention to either work all of them to death or kill them directly, would it not make sense to rob them as well? By the way, Luther had suggested exactly this in his On The Jews And Their Lies. And any way you add it up, the robbery of 6 million people comes to a lot of money, doesn't it?

Perhaps Kennedy and Coulter should also look into Hjalmar Schacht and Oswald Pohl. The one was a banker and the other a so-called economist. Schacht was I believe acquitted at Nuremburg, although not before an American prosecutor asked him with some sarcasm exactly how many people (Jews and non-Jews alike) had willingly deposited their gold teeth in his bank; Pohl was convicted and hanged.

Enough said?

Casey

Like I said, pure drivel and appeal to emotion.

Not worth the tape used to film it.

What Americans learn in school about history is usually wrong, glossed over, or misrepresented. High School history class is more of a lesson in patriotism than actual history with heroification, villification, and unrealistic caricatures of peoples and events of the past. History is the only subject where the more classes you have, the more stupid you become. This sets up Americans to believe re-written history, because that is exactly what they have learned in school.

Too true. Of course, the only way to rid oneself of this brainwashing is to either take advanced history courses in college where deeper analysis and interpretation are greatly encouraged, or to forge one's own educational path on the subject, disregarding what the teachers say because other sources show it to be false.

I think this also shows just how anti-science the literalist can be in defense of his/her theology. They do so, at not only making appeals to emotion as stated above, but committing the is/ought fallacy and looking just plain ridiculous to the majority of Americans and non-literalist Christians.

So, how does evolution explain the genocide committed by Columbus against the peoples of Hispaniola, their enslavment, and the enslavment of peoples of Africa? The concept of race superiority was around a long, long time before Evolution became an accepted theory.

Racial superiority with Biblical support

NO MARTIN LUTHER, NO HITLER!

Casey is teh awesome!

The point of using Hitler against evolution is simple emotional appeal. Those who actually study history know Hitler to be way too complex to pin down to one main ideology as the root cause of his movement. He wasn't above using religion as religion supported his views at the time, and he wasn't above using social Darwinism as it supported his views as well.

Let's forget the fact that both the religious ideology against Jews and the "science" of the eugenics movements were both in their downswing before Hitler came to power. The truth is both those ideologies along with many others culminated in Hitler and his movement at that particular time, which was a time of economic hardship for the entire world. It was the perfect storm, so to speak, and the Jews happened to be on the receiving end of the shit this time.

The whole point of the oversimplification provided by Coral Ridge is to lay the emotional argument out there for the knee jerk reaction. That was also the point of airing that argument in the first 30 minutes of the broadcast. They know emotional arguments work better on the masses than rational ones.

They also knew that their second half was extremely weak, especially considering that their main expert was Coulter. So, to make the second argument look better and more appealing, they led into it from the first emotional argument. This makes the whole thing look better to those without the faculty of reason to see through it.

Of course, to anyone with at least an average faculty for reason, the whole house of cards comes tumbling down because none of their overly simplistic arguments work.

The whole point of the oversimplification provided by Coral Ridge is to lay the emotional argument out there for the knee jerk reaction. That was also the point of airing that argument in the first 30 minutes of the broadcast. They know emotional arguments work better on the masses than rational ones.

Absolutely right, they put an emotional argument out there, this Hitler thing is done strictly to get a knee jerk reaction. These people are really not (can't be) this stupid. This is what makes me mad. It is done for deliberate effect. These folks know what they are doing, it is calculated, like any big advertising agency.

You know, Kennedy does not strike me as a stupid person. I don't know his background, but if you can look past what he is actually saying, he speaks in an educated way. This deceives many people into actually listening to him and thinking he is some kind of authority. Obviously, he just makes me mad as hell.

NO MARTIN LUTHER, NO HITLER!

Casey is teh awesome!

A related book is on my books to read list: The Singular Beast

Also, no Woodrow Wilson, no Hitler. The war which was stalemated by 1917 would have ended in an a comprimised peace. Wilson bringing the US into the war, won it for Britian and France and allowed the disasterous Treaty of Versailles to be imposed on Germany. The dissolution of the German State, confiscation of all assets abroad including the German merchant fleet, and the reparation payments condemned the German people to perpetual slave labor. It ushered in the conditions where the German people would welcome Hitler, where they otherwise never would have.

Also Wilson's bribe to the Russian government to continue in the war produced the Bolshevik Revolution, Lennin then Stalin and the Cold War.

One hundred million deaths resulted in Wilson's turning a stalemated war into World War I.

BTW, there are a lot of parallels between Wilson and Bush.