Goodbye Jesus

Sleazy Theists

HuaiDan

Just a couple vids I saw on an issue I normally care little about. In juxtaposition they're interesting considering the tactics and theological justifications they employ to further their causes.

Malcolm X

Farrakhan

this is an uh-oh, but a very good topic to start. personally, it is difficult for me to not be bias, when the controversial Malcolm X is discussed. I comprehend exactly what he was trying to accomplish, but his way of change is very militant, and that won't get white folks to even want listen to him. The fact of the matter is in the world there are many race relations that need better shaping up.

I used to think that way about Malcom X too but I can see where he was coming from since I am half Jew half American Indian and gay as there was a lot of rage in him and he thought every non-black hated blacks. I think now he was a hero to the black people and his birthday should be honored right up there with MLK. You have to sort of walk in the other person's shoes to understand where they are coming from. I was down south in the early fifties when Jim Crow ruled the South and saw first hand how the blacks were mistreated and oppressed and it sickened me and if I had been in Malcom X's shoes I am quite sure I too would have reacted the same way. Unless you witnessed it first hand you can't know what it is like.

As being half Jew, half Indian and gay I had three strikes against me and I am a little militant myself in that respect and the one thing I have noticed about the civil rights is the opposing forces rarely want to sit down and talk peace, but when you go to war against them they are more apt to listen.

MLK did it peacefully but many of those that followed him burnt the cities down and when the gays could not take it any more their rioted in NYC at Stonewall and both sides accomplished what the peace makers could not do. War often is listened to when peace talks fall through.

I do not abhor violence but sometimes violence can get a person to sit before a table and talk peace.

Every war ever fought has made changes for the better, but every talk of peace has not.