Goodbye Jesus

It's just pure nonsense

webmdave

• Admin

By Bill J:

Despite all the claims of healing people make in church, I never saw anyone's arm regrow because god healed them.

I was at a Vineyard Christian Fellowship church in California where this guy named Paul Cain was prophesying and calling people out of the audience. He supposedly revealed things about them that god told him. Years later I found out that he is a chronic alcoholic and closet homosexual.

I just don't get it. Every week there is a new charge against a religious leader in the news somewhere in this country. I'm tired of Christians telling me that you have to look at Jesus and not at man. Well, isn't man supposed to change when they find Jesus?

Where's the proof. People are always claiming they spoke to god and he/she answered them, but no two people can agree on what god said. I'm shocked that religious people can't see this. What's up with that?

I don't go to church because I fail to see proof of the existence of god in church. People of other religions, faiths and philosophies claim they know the truth. They all point to their own interpretation of truth.

It's just pure nonsense. People need to put church and religion aside and think for themselves. They need to take care of this planet and care for one another because it is the only rational thing to do. People need to stop killing each other in the name of god. They need to stop looking down at others who don't worship like they do or believe just the rights thoughts in their head like they do.

People are willing to live and die for many things. That willingness hardly qualifies as evidence that god exists.

What is faith? Is it believing in just the right things so you can go to heaven? What about those who don’t believe in just the right doctrines or theologies? In the Christian realm there are hundreds of different points of view regarding salvation, spirituality, eschatology and so on. How do you know that what you believe will unlock the truth for you?

If you stop and challenge yourself, you might find out that believing in your believe is just that. It is a series of thoughts based on something somebody else told you was true. It is a feeling you interpret as truth for yourself. It is the same feeling millions of others interpret as truth for themselves.

Leonard Pitts wrote, "Forget what you want to believe. Seek the truth and have the courage to believe that."

To monitor comments posted to this topic, use comment-ful.gif.

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2007/09...e-nonsense.html

Even promises of eternal damnation can't defeat human nature. We tend to screw around, lie, cheat, and in general behave like humans have for centuries. Homosexuals are going to seek companionship whether the wholly babble likes it or not. Individuals can change some parts of their selves that they don't like (I gave up alchohol abuse) but, like the yin-yang, there's two sides to everyone and everything.

BTW, it's bothered me since childhood that most every living thing above single cell status has a male and female. But our alleged creator is male, and has only the one son. Where's mom?

And why does God need a gender if he is God or why Jesus for that matter since he is both God's son and God at the same time? And why does God have to be a male? Why not a female since it is obvious that every living being comes from a female? And why could not God be both male and female at the same time? And why could not Jesus be bisexual? And why is sex so wrong if God made everyone with sexual feelings? And why is homosexuality wrong when it obviously can't hurt anyone? If God is so down on so many things and he created everything then why did he bother to create it in the first place? It would seem to me that God is a very confused mixed up god and also has a mental problem. Perhaps God is insane and that is why there are so many insane theist roaming about.

Why not a female since it is obvious that every living being comes from a female?
Well, that's not quite true.

In any case, I know it's off topic, but since I'm here, I think the argument that god must be female is as stupid as the god is male arguments. Simply, if god must be female, then she lacks one of the Necessary articles required to create life sexually, which is what is implied by any god is female argument. If god is male, then he lacks two, but he can probably build or think into being the second one.

I'd rather that God be Goddess than God and Jesus Jane. And the twelve apostles; Matty, Mary, Lucy, Joan, Jamie, Patsy, Judy,Sally, Lizzy, Helen, Barbara and Hillary.

:thanks:

I'd rather there be no genders in any deity that might exist. More inclusive that way. And considering that the first organisms were genderless, that would about make the most sense.

:scratch: Or perhaps God is a closeted gay or even a bisexual. I think Jesus was gay was why he never had a girl friend but hung out with 12 guys and I'll bet he had every last one of them because they did not have girl friends either.