Goodbye Jesus

Going To Church Tonight

Guest Muna

Wish me luck. I promised a friend of mine I'd go to church with her tonight, as long as she understands that I will NOT be becoming a Christian again. She was so excited, I'm sure she hopes that attending a church will "send me on the right path again." At least it's just a Wednesday night service, so casual clothes and a more relaxed atmosphere. I wonder if I will get any comments about my Gaia pendent. I just wish I had my pentacle with me! LOL.

Wish me luck. I promised a friend of mine I'd go to church with her tonight, as long as she understands that I will NOT be becoming a Christian again. She was so excited, I'm sure she hopes that attending a church will "send me on the right path again." At least it's just a Wednesday night service, so casual clothes and a more relaxed atmosphere. I wonder if I will get any comments about my Gaia pendent. I just wish I had my pentacle with me! LOL.

Careful Muna, the old church crowd mentality may lead you astray if you aren't real careful. Why are you putting yourself through this, if I might ask?

Why are you putting yourself through this, if I might ask?

Because she's a really good friend of mine and I rarely get to see her anymore, since I live 3 1/2 hours away. I've been to church a handful of times since my deconversion with no problems, so I'm not too terribly worried about it. I never got much out of church anyway. It was the revivals and retreats and such that really got me going.

Why are you putting yourself through this, if I might ask?

Because she's a really good friend of mine and I rarely get to see her anymore, since I live 3 1/2 hours away. I've been to church a handful of times since my deconversion with no problems, so I'm not too terribly worried about it. I never got much out of church anyway. It was the revivals and retreats and such that really got me going.

So you can only see her on a night she goes to church?

That's actually why I started going to church in the first place. It was the only way I could see my girlfriend (now wife) on Sundays. And I worked pretty much every other day so Sunday was it.

Well, Muna, I can sure understand an opportunity to be with a friend.

What really concerned me was that you say about this friend - "I'm sure she hopes that attending a church will "send me on the right path again." It does sound as if you are getting her hopes up. I personally would not tolerate this. How subtle is her pressure on you? Do you feel like you always are having to defend yourself?

Anyway, I thought you wouldn't post at all unless you felt some concern about going to church. My bet is none of them will know what the Gaia pendant is. Someone might ask you, but probably not if it is your first time there.

Welcome to Ex-Christian.