Goodbye Jesus

Amazon Reviews

The Sage Nabooru

Sometimes when I read book reviews on Amazon I come across some reviews that make me laugh. Okay, sometimes if I'm really bored I just read through them looking for these reviews. Here's some from New Age material:

Home with God: in a Life that Never Ends (Admittedly, Walsch and CWG have lost their appeal to me, due to Walsch's increasingly turning his franchise into a money-grubbing cult, but I did find the review section interesting.)

If you really want to know where you are going after you die (or other spirituals matters), go to the real source, read the Bible!Why do you want to find answers for something so fundamentally important (such as your or other's eternal destiny) from someone's misguided opinion?

With this book, the author is constructing his own eternal resort in the 8th circle of hell; for being gullible enough to buy this, you'll have your own 'special' circle down there: right in satan's onion ring.

A Course in Miracles:

For me personally, this book makes me respect the bible when it says "beware false prophets". So many things seem so false to me.In my short time on this earth I have witnessed two psychologists tell me that people are able to make decisions and change there lifes, both while showing clear body language to the contrary (, I would like to make it clear that I have never actually paid money to see a psychologist). As people we all try to profit from making up lies/illusions/stories, I fear this book is no exception.
(Um, WHAT?)

because if you think this is the way to go, you are truly in need of it. First, a careful reading of the Bible mentions false prophets and such (after end point of the Bible) but otherwise says nothing occurs till time for "rapture" and 2nd coming. Unless you want to claim we're in second coming, people who hear from Jesus are either deluded or false prophets. You are free to decide which. On that basis, however, the ideas espoused in the book are either pointless,useless (if delusional), or meant to pull people to the Anti-C if false prophecy. Again, your decision. (Free-will - remember and apply it !!!)
(Actually, a careful reading of the Bible would reveal that the "Rapture" never occurs in it even once.)

If you do ever go browing Amazon reviews, remember that the best-sellers have the reviews like these.

Wow, amazing how fundies will spew their shit absolutely anywhere they can.

On another topic:

Sage...your sig is always, always absolutely hilarious! I mean, I have to keep it off my screen whenever I'm reading your posts or posts near yours or I bust out laughing...EVERY TIME!

cwg is originally a good book and well written-it helps me go out -and yes,i agree with u,walsh increasingly turn to franchise spoil a lot

cwg is originally a good book and well written-it helps me go out -and yes,i agree with u,walsh increasingly turn to franchise spoil a lot

Same here. It's pretty damn depressing.

Sage...your sig is always, always absolutely hilarious! I mean, I have to keep it off my screen whenever I'm reading your posts or posts near yours or I bust out laughing...EVERY TIME!

Thank you, I've gotten many compliments about it. :grin: