Goodbye Jesus

Any Ex-christians Near Boulder, Co?

Guest Toby Beau

Guest Toby Beau

Hey yall...

I'm 22 years old, college student at C.U. in Boulder, CO and I really wanna get to know more ex-Christians. I was a Christian since I was a little kid, all the way up until around my 22nd birthday (it was a gradual shift that took about 5 months). I'm starting to have more and more secular friends, but besides my wife, I'm not in "fellowship" with any other apostates. It's really good to talk about some of these issues to do with leaving the church... also when a lifelong Christian stops believing, he has to explain himself and give good reasons for no believing. These kinds of things are good to talk about with people in similar situations.

So, if anyone is in the area or goes to C.U., I would be down to meet at a bar or something to hang out and discuss. Especially anyone who was into apologetics before they lost faith, I'm now interested in examining and debunking all the false things I used to spout as a fundamentalist.

Hey Toby :wave:

I don't live near you, but I just wanted to welcome you to Ex-C. I say the more the merrier.

So welcome.

Well Colorado Springs, the veritable Capitol of Consumer-Oriented Christian Fundamentalism, is a ways south of you. If megachurches have the turnover rate I've heard they do, there are probably plenty of disillusioned former tongue-speakers leaving the cesspit of Colorado Springs behind......they're probably just hiding from Dr. Dobson's tractor beam.

Guest Toby Beau
Well Colorado Springs, the veritable Capitol of Consumer-Oriented Christian Fundamentalism, is a ways south of you. If megachurches have the turnover rate I've heard they do, there are probably plenty of disillusioned former tongue-speakers leaving the cesspit of Colorado Springs behind......they're probably just hiding from Dr. Dobson's tractor beam.

:lmao: You're probably right about that! I'll just go hang out in the parking lots of the Family Christian Bookstores.

I don't live in Colorado either but welcome to the forums! It would be nice to hang out with other apostates from time to time - in a country rampant with fundy Christian kookism it would be a breath of fresh air....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fox178

What a coincidence! I'm also a 22 year old student at CU. I've never posted here before because technically I'm not an exian, I've been an atheist all of my life, but I do occasionally come here to read the posts. Anyway, I'd be happy to hang out and talk sometime if you want. I don't have very many friends who are overtly atheists, Most call themselves Christian but are very minimally religious. I have a few friends who are Christians, though they are not very extreme in their attitudes. So yeah, that's basically all there is to it. How have you been coping so far?