Goodbye Jesus

The Going Rate To Mail 17 Pages Of Apostasy...

Guest Tess

Hello, all.

First, my thanks. My inevitable "clash" with my parents and brother over my no longer being a Christian was troubling me, and this site has been one of the things that gave me encouragement and insight.

I'm 24 and haven't been Christian for about five years now, but my *very* religious WELS (Lutheran) family never had a clue I was anything other than a little "unorthodox." In reality, I'm a practicing Heathen/Asatruar, with a staunchly atheistic boyfriend. Eeesh.

I'd just had enough of the lying and hiding, frankly. I am not looking forward to the long, painful discussions that I'm sure will come from this, and I hate knowing that I'm going to make my mom and dad cry, but I just had to tell the truth, be myself, and live my life.

My brother is currently going to school to be a Lutheran pastor. Uh, one Heathen daughter and one Pastor son sorta equal two lukewarm-Christian kids, right...?

I sound a little flippant; that's bravado, really. I am really pretty shaken, upset, and scared right now, wondering what will happen. I guess some comforts can be found in the fact that 1) I have a support system of friends outside Christianity already and 2) nothing ever turns out quite as bad as I think it will.

So, to tell them, I wrote a massive 17-page missive that contained about every piece of honesty, openness, and general damnable-to-hell-theology and anti-theology that I could pour out.

And I literally just dropped the copies in the mail for my parents and brother.

Now I get to sit back and wait....

So I will definitely be hanging out here, stressing, giving updates, needing encouragement, and just generally being amazed at what an awesome pack of humans I've seen on this site thus far.

Tess

Welcome Tess, get a chair, sit down, chat and enjoy Dave's house. :wave:

Hey there Tess. Welcome to the forums.

I look forward to hearing about the reponses from your family.

Welcome aboard!

Hei! (passes horn of mead) Velkomin til Ex-C, Tess!

There's a surprising number of us rowdy Ásatrúar around here, totally out of proportion to our representation in the general populations of our respective countries. Personally, I think it's the knock-down-drag-out, take-no-prisoners tone to many of the debates... Particularly the ones that end up in the Lion's Den.