Goodbye Jesus

Twilight Zone

robbie

:vent:

Seriously, am I the only one that finds myself feeling like I'm either going insane or living in the twilight zone? I mean, it's not just the nutjobs that are blowing up abortion clinics and protesting at funerals, or preaching hatred and lies about gay people and other religions. It's the generally decent people you get on with and want to get on with that are religious but moderate. And if they're talking about religion it's like their eyes glaze over and they might as well be on drugs.

And then the stupidity of people banging out about respecting others' beliefs, or the idea that religious beliefs should have anything to do with society. Sure, I respect a lot of religious people and I absolutely respect their right to their beliefs. But why is it that everyone, liberal, moderate, non-religious, even atheists, think we have to respect these beliefs more than theories about Elvis still being alive, or the moon landing being a fake?

Whenever it comes to religion, it seems like everyone, even those that aren't clinically insane (sorry, religious), treat it with such precious sanctity.

Sorry to rant--read Letter to a Christian Nation last night. And I thought The God Delusion had turned me into a militant atheist. Now I'm looking for land to build Colloseums to chuck the bastards to the lions. Don't worry--I'm only kidding! :HaHa:

:wave::goodjob: I'm on your side Robbie as that is exactly how I feel too and I doubt I could have said it better. You hit the nail right on the head.

Sorry to rant--read Letter to a Christian Nation last night. And I thought The God Delusion had turned me into a militant atheist. Now I'm looking for land to build Colloseums to chuck the bastards to the lions. Don't worry--I'm only kidding! :HaHa:

Is there a job available as lion trainer? :fdevil: