Goodbye Jesus

Man Sues God

oladotun

. I saw this on CNN yesreday and thought it to be very interesting. A Nebraska State senator decided to sue God accusing him of untold death and terror and accusing Him of threatening more still. See the attached article for more details:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jqCsP7O...AFcTeiB58cfy6Uw

From the article..
Chambers says in his lawsuit that God has made terroristic threats against the senator and his constituents, inspired fear and caused "widespread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants."

The Omaha senator, who skips morning prayers during the legislative session and often criticizes Christians, also says God has caused "fearsome floods ... horrendous hurricanes, terrifying tornadoes."

Interesting. I'll be watching this. How is "god" supposed to be subpoenaed to defend himself? LOL Perhaps the Courts will declare god nonexistent or not a real person and well then I'll just sit back and pop the popcorn for the bus loads of Xtians having a meltdown. The Christians can't have it both ways. Either god is responsible or he's not...

Also, the link you provided had the senator with what looks to be a halo around his head..But it's a fan... I can't help but laugh at the freaking Irony of that picture.. :lmao:

Oh the halo....I thought that was a sign. OH Well! it's just a fan.

• 2 weeks later...

. Yeah, I saw the fan and that was very irnoic. In an interesting twist in this case, a lawyer has come forward to defend God and even wrote in His response, "Defendant denies that this or any court has jurisdiction ... over Him any more than the court has jurisdiction over the wind or rain, sunlight or darkness," If you click on the link I provided, you will see the full text, Now that's funny. It is funny like you said, Christians always want to have it both ways. When something good happens, they attribute it to "God", but when something bad happens, they say it is because the person who suffered was being sinful so they put all the blame on the individual. They obvisouly have not really read their Bible, because "God" sanctioned wars, genocides, murder and even natural disasters..It's all there, bu of course, they don't like to talk about those parts....

To paraphrase Alabama Gov. George Corley Wallace: "Gawdamightydamn!! Wouldn't it be sumpin if I WON!!!"

Shouldn't "god" have seen this coming?

Maybe he did and that's why he's been avoiding us?

mwc