Goodbye Jesus

Growing Stronger

garrisonjj

During the last 2.5 years my anti religious sentiments and probable atheism has been steadily growing. Its easy for me to say fuck all churches and religions. During my lifetime as an unshakeable catholic, I've always supressed feelings of doubt and misgivings about religion, IE: confessing sins to priests, being truly sorry for sins, praying and never having prayers answered.

Now, I can't read enough through atheist websites and articles that debunk god.

This 180 degree turn scares me sometimes. Is my newfound rationality normal? Finally, I am breaking free from the fuckin self depreciating religion of most of my life.

Godamnit! How I regret all the time, energy, money and guilt I have devoted to FUCKIN organized religion.

Godamnit! How I regret all the time, energy, money and guilt I have devoted to FUCKIN organized religion.
If you're really as angry as this statement of yours conveys, then you're probably better than half-way through coming to terms with the situation.

If that's the case, then -- congratulations.

If you're really as angry as this statement of yours conveys, then you're probably better than half-way through coming to terms with the situation.

If that's the case, then -- congratulations.

Did you experience similiar phases Free? I don't think I could ever go back if I wanted,,,,,which I don't. I almost have a fear of getting trapped into religion again. After all, I am a wayward soul, a lost sheep, the prodigal son, in need of the holy spirit etc! Fuck it all!

Did you experience similiar phases Free?
Oh, yes. Most everyone does.
I almost have a fear of getting trapped into religion again.
Why?

...During my lifetime as an unshakeable catholic...

Now, I can't read enough through atheist websites and articles that debunk god.

This 180 degree turn scares me sometimes. Is my newfound rationality normal?

I'd be surprised if you would not go through a 180° turn phase, probably lasting quite some time, after having wasted a lifetime in the cult...

Garrisonjj,

Yes, most of us experience these kinds of phases. Some faster, some slower. The new found rationality is most definitely normal, because a religion like Christianity is designed to subdue your intelligence and rational though, and what is happening is that parts of your mind is inflating again and regaining strength, after it had its life sucked out of it.