Goodbye Jesus

A Wonderful Echange With A Fundie Over Myspace

Insanity personified

Nothing here has been edited, I copied and pasted directly from my myspace messages......REMEMBER!!!!! start from the bottom and go up!!! REPEAT start from the bottom and MOVE UP

Tell me if you think I did a good job, Im kind of new to debating XP but this one was pretty fucking easy :)

Oh and by the way, Im Lethal Lunacy

and thats the end....he hasn't messaged me back for months, and I DID respond

END

to answer your question, God picked the clean animals, you know what i really don't know how Noah got all those animals in the ark, it took God to do that.

----------------- Original Message -----------------

Date: Jul 30, 2007 3:07 PM

why don't you answer the question?

and no thats not the reason why im not christian....im not christian because the religion is just plain silly....but do you or do you not think they are in hell and if so how can you justify it?

Date: Jul 30, 2007 3:06 PM

and why don't you go ahead and explain to me why my hindu uncle, aunt and various atheist friends and family members are now burning in a lake of fire? they happened to not have the right religion?

is this why you are an atheist, cause they're are in hell cause they didn't have the right religion. See this is everybodys problem, they are so pissed at God cause their family and friends did not go to heaven.

Date: Jul 30, 2007 2:55 PM

A magic boat filled with all of the billions of various animals that somehow managed to float around for over a year without...oh I don't know, the dinosaurs eating the goats? how would noah prevent half the animals from dying of starvation? not to mention the fact that a boat full of scared, frustrated animals who haven't seen the sun for over a year would be a pretty shitty place to be. The animals would likely not survive and besides that how would animals native to certain parts of the world even get to the ark?

how would penguins get to the ark?

koala bears?

pandas?

polar bears?

unless these animals are very good swimmers....good enough to swim from one continent to another, its impossible

the ark of the covenant? if its so powerful and important why hasnt it been found?

and why don't you go ahead and explain to me why my hindu uncle, aunt and various atheist friends and family members are now burning in a lake of fire? they happened to not have the right religion?

Date: Jul 30, 2007 2:46 PM

Noah and the ark, that is real, the ark of covent, the ten commandments. those are all real. now tell me how are those ain't real.

Date: Jul 30, 2007 2:38 PM

it may look the same but the chemical compound is still different. Creationists always cite complexity of organisms when pushing intelligent design.....but how can complex human bodies be created out of dust?

its impossible. face it

This story makes perfect sense when you put it in context. The old testament was written by ancient tribesmen who needed a way to make sense of the world around them....so they made stories they thought explained it, just like every other culture at the time....

Date: Jul 30, 2007 2:32 PM

if you put some of our skin in a microscope and sit it next aside dust, its pretty equivilent

Date: Jul 30, 2007 2:30 PM

thats nice. mind posting it? EVERYTHING?!?! even that bit about the first man being made out of dust?....pretty hard to prove that

Date: Jul 30, 2007 2:28 PM

actually i do have evidence, its a proven fact, that everything that happend in the bible, actually happened.

Date: Jul 30, 2007 12:59 PM

interesting....what makes that any different from hindus who claim that The gods give them faith? or buddhists who claim they have faith or wiccans or taoists ect ect....faith gets you nowhere if you don't have evidence. Do you happen to have evidence? god gave you faith to believe in him? if he is everywhere shouldnt faith be moot?

Date: Jul 30, 2007 12:29 PM

one major thing that sets between "Freya" and Jesus is that Jesus is real. God gave us faith to believe that God is real.

Date: Jul 29, 2007 7:18 PM

absolutely none. That is my point, there is no more evidence for the existence of Freya then there is for Yahweh or jesus for that matter

Date: Jul 29, 2007 5:12 PM

what evidence is there that Freya is here?

Date: Jul 29, 2007 1:09 PM

Can you not read? Freya is the norse godess of fertility worshiped even today by followers of a religion called Asatru

Date: Jul 29, 2007 9:17 AM

what is Freya?

Date: Jul 28, 2007 8:55 PM

To me when you say things like "god loves you" or God sent his son to die for you" you might as well replace the word "god" with the word "Freya" (norse goddess of fertility) because in my eyes they both are on the same level in terms of reality

Date: Jul 28, 2007 4:54 PM

huh?

Date: Jul 28, 2007 2:01 PM

that is to me what The norse god freya is to you....namely nothing

Date: Jul 28, 2007 1:59 PM

no, it's between me, you, and God.

Date: Jul 28, 2007 1:20 PM

oh alright...

just a question. Are you showing this to a bunch of people (I.E a youth group)?

Date: Jul 28, 2007 12:56 PM

i couldn't figure out what to say. plus i had to go somewhere

Date: Jul 27, 2007 6:10 PM

ok? thats a damn short interview haha

Date: Jul 27, 2007 1:43 PM

ok

Date: Jul 27, 2007 8:59 AM

Direct physical evidence that would point to the existence of a supernatural being.....there is none. And in my book, absence of evidence IS evidence of absence

Date: Jul 27, 2007 7:15 AM

what evidence are you looking for?

Date: Jul 26, 2007 6:22 PM

no, if I knew god was there I would probably ask him a bunch of questions....I don't believe in god because there is no evidence for his existence

Date: Jul 26, 2007 5:02 PM

i see, so you know that God is there but, you don't want to believe in him.

Date: Jul 26, 2007 1:54 PM

Most christians don't shove religion down my throat....im not such a jackass that I would consider it rude for someone to question my beliefs

first, yes I have been asked that many times

and secondly...i just don't see why it is necessary to believe in a god.....to release me from an abstract concept of sin? Most people I know who believe in god act no differently from me. Thus I see belief in god as, emotional baggage so to speak

Date: Jul 26, 2007 1:22 PM

why are you an atheist, has anybody asked you that question before. I will not shove religion down your throat. if you have questions about Jesus i would be happy to answer you.

Date: Jul 26, 2007 10:20 AM

ask away

I think you gave him good answers. You stuck with simple stuff and he couldn't answer it. I tend to be so abstract and theoretical. I thought that is why Christians walk away without answering. But you stuck with simple stuff like how could Koala Bears swim across the oceans to the Middle East to board Noah's Ark. And how could lions live for a whole year with all their prey without eating it. You got the same kind of answers I get--"God did it," "You have to have faith," etc. And when they run out of answers they run out the door and out of your life. But they blame you/me for not wanting to believe what cannot be believed. Welcome to the forums!

He also invoked the 'Clean Animals' thing... of clean animals they had SEVEN pairs. Of unclean just one pair... That's why we have pigs... since God did allow unclean animals... :D

LMAO! The stupid, it burns! Good job Insanity personified, I think you did a very good job fitting the arguments to the audience -- I bet anything abstract would've flown past them, so the direct, concrete stuff was spot on. Besides, there's a certain refreshing elegance to the simple stuff -- you can't tapdance around the Noah's ark imposibilities without immediately cutting to the "goddidit" chase, which saves a lot of time and leaves no room for weaseling.

Welcome to the forums, and BTW, I adore your avatar -- Hellsing kicks ass. You're tempting me to bring out one of my Integra screenshots for a new avatar. <g>

oh man, i couldn't even read all of that. that person was just too dumb. you did fine from what i read. i had to stop around "god gives us faith to believe god is real." that did it for me. i'd have to shoot myself in the face if i read anymore. :twitch:

I find the need to do harm to others rises in my blackened, twisted, cinder or a soul, rather than harm to me....

It saddens me that he didn't even have enough sense to understand your Freya point....or even understand your definition of Freya. That was when he was already thinking exit strategy, and not conversion.

It also saddens me that he can't take even one step back and acknowledge that his god is not different from other god systems...they all take faith to believe in.

God really does need better spokespeople. Been a long time since anyone with real charisma took the podium on God's behalf.

I wish I could slap people like that. Especially when he asked "what's Freya" just after you explained it.

I also hate that fucking bullshit of "I had to go somewhere." If you are that fucking limited on time, why the fuck do you get onto a site like that just to announce the fucking goddamned world you have to go somewhere? Is your social life that fucking impaired that you get that fucking excited when you go somewhere? What the fuck? A short response that acknowledges you read it and will reply a response later, may be justifiable if you can give a multiple paragraph response, just so you can let the other person know you are getting to it is acceptable. But a bullshit filled "I have to go somewhere"....FUCK THAT!

Date: Jul 30, 2007 2:32 PM

if you put some of our skin in a microscope and sit it next aside dust, its pretty equivilent

What.....the......FUCK!?!?! It saddens me that our education system gives fuckards like this a diploma by the thousands every fucking year.

I might get back on the Myspace forums just to tear fuckheads like that a new asshole or two. Too bad I wouldn't be allowed to show my unbridled hatred though.

"What.....the......FUCK!?!?! It saddens me that our education system gives fuckards like this a diploma by the thousands every fucking year."

Less an education system, more a publisher of high grade fiction...

WOW he sure did not put up a very good fight at all... Pretty lame imo

hee hee what a great thread. Fundies always make themselves look stupid to anyone with critical thinking/analysis skills.....

One thing I was thinking, I'm an IT guy and I have been wondering if it is possible to convince these dumbasses that it is God fucking with their broken computers and only I have the powers of IT demon exorcism. Would sure get me a lot more work ;)

well done on arguing the fundy there, more power to you :)

WOW he sure did not put up a very good fight at all... Pretty lame imo

Hehe.

He got pwned.